Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
RAF Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hello,
I'll be visiting there next week and I'm just wondering what types of clothing I should bring?
Do I need a wetsuit to snorkel?
Are the nights cold?
things like that thxs.

B
B
I think wearing a wet suit has more benefits than just keeping you warm. My husband and I wore 3mil wetsuits snorkeling - for us it was nice for the bouyancy factor and to keep the sun off of our backs. I certainly wasn't hot but the other two people on the boat wearing shorts and T-shirts didn't seem too cold either.

We also already had them, so it wasn't like we had to rent them special. I always seem to get cold diving - whether it's up here in Wisconsin or in Mexico or Belize. So I wore the 3mil full suit doing 2 local dives one day and 3pack Blue Hole dive the next. I even wore a hood on the 3-dive day, but hey, I'm a wimp that would rather be toasty than a bit chilly.

I would recommend taking a light jacket/sweatshirt. When I arrived on Feb 10th, it was 60 degrees, and I was darn glad I had a coat. Have FUN!

Wait...60 degrees? That is what we had on SUnday working in the yard building raised beds in Portland Oregon.

I will be there on Saturday (I fly out tomorrow starting in Tulum) and hope for much warmer weather. YEA! Can barely sleep!

Seashell by the seashore, picking up seashells
Yeah, I've never seen it that cold there....it's better to be prepared than freeze your a$$ off! It was CRAZY! Hopefully THAT'S over with! Enjoy your trips Ya'll! laugh laugh laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 262 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.