Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#119775 03/28/06 03:20 PM
OP Offline
I just tried to check fares on Delta.com and it said that Delta only goes to BZE on Saturdays.
Have they really stopped the flights on other days or does the website need updating? Do they just make daily flights during peak season? (We flew Delta in February and neither day was a Saturday.)
Has anyone else seen this?

#119776 03/28/06 03:24 PM
I can't answer about Delta but will say that I have noticed several of the airlines adjusting thier schedules due to the peak or high seasons. It's very common.

#119777 03/28/06 03:55 PM
I know American airlines has added and removed flights to Belize depending on season from Dallas. Doesn't surprise me that Delta would also. Last year we had to modify our visit because they eliminated our flight that day.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
#119778 03/28/06 04:23 PM
G
G
We were rescheduled from Wed to Thursday at the beginning of this month from BC.

#119779 03/28/06 04:42 PM
My friends were taking Delta in on a Thursday and out on a Monday, and Delta changed to only Saturday flights. We had to change to Continental.

#119780 03/28/06 06:44 PM
J
J
Continental is a great choice, if you have Continental at your local airport.....

#119781 03/28/06 06:47 PM
H
H
US Air just cancelled our flights (including our wedding guests), now the price has doubled :-(

#119782 03/28/06 07:39 PM
hschim, your post concerns me as i will be flying USAir for the first time.(I'm usually a Continental flier). Had you already booked and paid for your flight and now you have to re-purchase at double the price? If you could take a moment to tell me what happened I would appreciate it. thank you

#119783 03/28/06 08:02 PM
H
H
Catdog-
Here are the details - I just hope you aren't flying US AIR during a weekday this summer!!!

About 12 of us booked on US Air in the beginning of Feb for the week of June 20th (various times). Price was $344, from BWI. Early March, one of our friends randomly logged onto USAir to look up what time our flight was so she could do some advance planning. She got worried when it showed only the first leg of the one stop flight (Charlotte). She called US Air, and they tried telling her that she only booked a flight to Charlotte.

After THREE hours on the phone the first night, then a couple more the next day, with different answers from the reps, I found out they have cancelled mid-week flights to Belize during the summer (they flew during the week last year). They were not helpful in trying to help us find alternative flights on other carriers. They wanted me to rearrange our schedules so we could fly during on a Saturday with them! I explained our rehearsal dinner was on Friday night...they told me to move it!??!?!

NO ONE EVER CONTACTED ANY OF US. One of my friends just called for her refund the other day - she never got a call from them. Thank goodness for my friend checking on the time, I'm not sure if they would have called us!

Needless to say, after many hours of headaches, and not to mentioned each of my wedding guests spending time on hold trying to get a refund, we are hoping prices come back down on the other carriers. As of right now, one stop flights that week are about $700!!

Yes, I'm bitter ;-) I would DOUBLE and TRIPLE check on your flight, especially if it is early June (which is when I think it is effective)...not sure when weekday flights are to resume.

Good luck.

#119784 03/28/06 08:16 PM
OP Offline
Thanks, All.
Our trip isn't until next February, so maybe the daily flight will resume by then. Our airport is small and only has Delta and USAir, and last year USAir was high and Delta was higher and only had Saturday flights. Then in November the Delta rates went down and they started making reservations for daily flights beginning December 15. I hope that it will happen again.

We had hoped for USAir again because CLT is so easy for our connecting flight, but those prices stayed too high from our airport. It would be great if those fares would go down at some point this year. I check the rates often! A couple of our friends flew out of DCA on USAir (the prices dropped for up there in December) and got better fares than the rest of us did on Delta and American.

We have flown American with no problems either, but had to spend the night in Raleigh the night before and then were very late getting back to our hometown after the trip.

Gela, I hope that it added a day to your trip and didn't take a one away!
GBZ, I am sorry that you lost a day of your trip.
bennyboy96, I hope that the change to Continental was a good one!
hschim, I am sooo sorry to hear that USAir canceled your flight. I would think that they would do something to make it right for you!

Thanks for your replies.
I am going to look around to find the closest place around here with Continental!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.