Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#120053 04/08/06 10:01 AM
kelly d Offline OP
OP Offline
Just paid for it....5 days at Belizean Shores the first week of July. If anyone thinks the hotel or timing is bad, I DON'T WANNA KNOW!! It's already paid for! However, suggestions or comments are welcome. For a big one-day trip to the mainland, would you all suggest the tube thing? The zoo? Mayan ruins? Other ideas? Is there a suggested place in town to buy some groceries/snacks? PLEASE tell me we'll have the times of our lives!

#120054 04/08/06 10:11 AM
kelly d Offline OP
OP Offline
One more thing.....any good places to watch karoke or sports on TV or some other "tame" bar activity? Hubby and I aren't big drinkers, but we'd like an evening hang-out that's enjoyable without being sh*tfaced drunk! And do we get to San Pedro from Belizean Shores by taxi, rent a golf cart or a water taxi? If the latter, how late does it run? Thanks, all!

#120055 04/08/06 10:42 AM
S
S
You will like Belizean Shores - it has one of the nicest pools on the island. The water taxi will pick you up at the dock to go to town $10BZ per person - go to any bar in town and not worry about "driving" There are also bikes available to rent. Rent a golf cart (also can do here) and ride further up north. Order food and beer from Simon and he will have it in the room waiting when you get here.

"Just another Day in Paradise"
#120056 04/10/06 07:46 AM
Stayed at B.S. in September last year. You'll love it. Leo's Pina Coladas are da bomb. Depending on how much time you're there, the day trip to the island by flight is worth it. The combo tubing plus Xunantunich is a solid but not too tiring day.

Have fun! I'm jealous.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
#120057 04/18/06 12:19 AM
P
P
We just returned from 8 days at Belizean Shores, it was awesome! We ordered food from Lanaippe and that was nice to have on hand for breakfast and lunch and snacks. You get a large container of drinking water in your fridge and can refill it for free in the office or near the pool. There's a Caye Mart just down the road (south), but I'm not sure what their supplies are like (don't walk the beach looking for this, you'll never find it). Also Captain Morgan's has a store near the road as well - lots of basics there. You can order room service or the pool bar has a menu and can order for you and have it delivered to the pool area. The brisket sandwich is great.
We never took the island ferry into San Pedro - had too much fun in the golf carts. One couple we met rented bikes almost every day.
If I had to choose between tours, I'd go with the Lamanai tour - in June the wild orchids may be blooming among the mangroves along the river too. We went tubing - it was "okay" but not great. A lot of work paddling - not very much current to carry us on a relaxing ride. Didn't see the zoo but heard it was nice. Shark Ray Alley is fun to see. If you enjoy fishing, hire a guide and do a beach bbq.

#120058 04/18/06 12:31 AM
L
L
I would rent a golf cart for a couple of days, not only to avoid having to wait on a water taxi, but to go explore..You will have freedom, and not have to wait on someone else(Water Taxi's/others golf carts).If you choose to do a tour, plan it early the day before, and choose what makes your budget and fun meter..Get the most for your bucks!!!!You can spend little here and have Big fun!!

#120059 04/18/06 11:36 AM
Am coming down in May with my best girlfriend, and she told me that we needed to get a few shots before coming down. Not to change the subject, but does anyone have info on this? Is it necessary, or just a smart preventative measures?
The shots are not cheap, but better to be safe than sorry, right? Thanks, Karen

#120060 04/18/06 11:37 AM
Sorry, will add a new topic for this discussion!

#120061 04/18/06 09:45 PM
kelly d Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all the suggestions, folks! It's so nice to hear from people who tell me we'll have a good time of this trip. LACYSISLAND, what do you mean "ordered" food from Lanaippe? How do you do that???

#120062 04/19/06 10:52 AM
L
L
Kelly d, Lagniappe Provisioning provides a service that stocks your room with groceries, ready to serve meals, wine, liquor, beer,etc, in time for your arrival. Simon on this board runs it. You can find the order form at Ambergriscaye.com main home page under "shopping", then go down to "edibles".

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 307 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.