Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Inky Offline OP
OP Offline
I recently purchased a vacation property in AC. (along with everything else that's needed when setting-up a new household). I would love to purchase additional investment properties, but I am hesitant because when it comes to doing business in Belize, I sometimes think I'm just another "Walking Wallet", and often feel like I'm being fleeced. Are Canadian's and US citizens viewed as "Cash Cows"??? Rumors of new real estate taxes are also scaring me away. Any thoughts or suggestions on this topic?

S
S
Heres a solution for you Inky:

1. How much money do you have?
2. Send it to me.

Seriously, lots of great investment opportunities here. If a bit nervous, use a reputable broker who has been living in Belize for at least three years OR MORE. You may get a better deal purchasing direct, but you will not have the "hand holding" of a quality agent.

Belize has some of the best trust and property laws in the world- fact.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
G
G
there are less than a handful of real estate agents on AC that you can trust; the rest will lie and cheat you......
Diane Campbell is probably the best..

Globalboy-How do you know?
I would recomend ,Diane,Pelican,Southwind,Sunrise,Casa Cayo,Seaside and a few others-have to say it you do not know what you are talking about-I also am sure Diane would agree (she used to work for Southwind)
ps I have bought property through three of the above and never had a problem

Ha! I have a friend we call, "the Wallet"!

I have had a bad experience with a real estate agent on AC. If anyone wants information, do pm me.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

it is not that real estate agents are bad and hard to trust in AC. They are period. I am a licensed real estate agent in the states, sold real estate for 5 years, and it was unfortunate how unethical more than half the agents were.
It is the nature of the business, unfortunately, that attracks many people into the business. This is not to say there aren't plenty of hard working, ethical, honest and great agents as well. Us and Belize.

Good point KZK.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

You want to talk UNethical. My brother is the finance manager of an Acura dealership!! They go to seminars with titles like "How to Screw Your Customers and Have Them Thank You on the Way Out!"

G
G
Pedro...I know you are one of the old time locals...however, I DO NOT AGREE with what you say about the agents on AC; me thinks you are trying a bit too hard to be favorable to your pals.........some of the people you mention are THIEVES.....I DO KNOW from experience, and from my good friends on AC....also, I bought property that I am in the process of developing......nuff said; if you are coming to AC and have no experience or trustworthy contacts there------------BE CAREFUL !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.