Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#121322 04/22/06 08:12 AM
OP Offline
Can anyone tell me the EXACT procedure and where to locate the EXACT forms i need to have completed in order to bring my babies in with me (2 very wonderful if not aging, cats).

I cannot BARE the idea of them getting held up in customs, and want to make sure they get in with me with no problems.

any advice/tips/direction would be much appreciated :-)

This is where I got my information and application for permits:

[email protected]

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

I have two posts half way through here. It was VERY easy.

//ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/3/t/001493.html

We own a Condo in AC and plan to start bringing our dog with us on our increasing frewquent visits. When we were there last week a couple of the "BC Locals" mentioned that there was an equivalent of "Doggie passport" or do you have to go through obtaining a permit every time you enter Belize.
Thanks for any help or advice you can give me

Colin

Colin, Marianne & Sophie the Dog
www.mrptny.com
correct, you have to go through it each time you bring the pet back and forth to ensure health and shots up to date. The vet cert. is what we all call the doggie passport.

Thanks very much..look out for Zoe (our scruffy little mut) making friends with everyone at BC's on our next trip

Colin

Colin, Marianne & Sophie the Dog
www.mrptny.com
S
S
Not certain, but all you should need to get your pet into BZE is rabies and vaccination records. However, most airlines require a current health certificate from the vet before they will allow your pet to fly. Most health certs. are only good for about 15 days, so make sure that your travel dates correspond with the dates on the cert. I have never brought a pet into BZE, but I adopted a dog while I was there and only had to show proof of rabies vac. to get her back into the states. I also had a health cert for her from a Belizean vet, but the airline didn't even ask to see it. I would be happy to share my pet travel experiences with you if you want to PM me.

S
S
Actually there is such a thing as a pet passport but only certain countries participate in the process, mainly in the EU.

the health certs are only good for up to 4 days. As far as the requirements Sol, to get a pet IN please see the above from BAHA. I just went through the process. You mention you only needed proof of rabies shots to get your animal you adopted here INTO the states, but leaving and going to BZE a few more items.

Sol, we would love to hear your pet travel experience, please do share as people are glad to get your experiences and all others.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 183 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.