Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pedro1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Simon-on your advice me and my mates(4) went to Domingo's-well let me tell I hope the chef has not yet shown up.I wonder if you have eaten at this place.
1. I ordered chicken soup and made a special request to the waiter to ensure that it would be hot-I sent it back for being tepid and should have sent it back when it came back warm-but I was hungry.-8bzd
2. Tim ordered pork fajitas -it was a miserable portion and cold -he was hungry and ate it in three minutes -20bzd.
3. Fred ordered 4 tacos (smallest we had ever seen)-very tasty but cold-12 bzd.
4. Chris ordered pork with potato and is convinced what he had was chicken -12bzd.

There were no english menus and the waiter had difficulty explaining what each item was-the service was friendly,slow and amateurish.

We will go back in three weeks to give it one more try.

S
S
Peter, Peter, silly boy. I never recommended Domingo's. I just mentioned that it was open and that I had driven past several times and seen it full. In fact I was pretty clear on NOT going there until next week.

Having said that I had a good meal there on Tuesday night (against my own advice). The only thing that was lacking was the experience of the staff.

I agree, try again in 3 weeks and if it's no better then it won't be there for long.

I still DO recommend Chapine's, I had a great lunch there today for $5.

On the no English menu's I thing. I personally think it's a good gimmick but ONLY if the staff have the ability to clearly explain the menu to the patrons.

S
spl Offline
S
glad you are going to give it one more try, being that you are in the business. I do, however, find it very unprofessional of someone new in the restaurant business in san pedro to be critizing other new restaurants. Simon clearly stated in the other thread that it is open AND not to go for 3 weeks until the actual chef gets here.

Pedro1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Good lord!! I am not allowed an opinion whan I spend money-I will put my restaurant up against any-If(which imo is an impossibility) there is a complaint on the food -I will not charge

S
S
Just for clarity, I only make a recommendation if I have eaten somewhere and have enjoyed the meal and feel that I have received good value.

If I don't like something I will let the owner know if possible or I'll talk to someone on staff I know and let them know where they are lacking.

Finally, I applaud Belizeans for coming up with new ideas and trying to make a go of it. They may not have years of Western world experience but if they have heart, work hard, and listen to their customers they will do well for themselves.

C
C
Pedro1, I am confused. With a new restaurant as truly wonderful as yours (which of course you would not advertise on the board), why would you want to go somewhere else?

Simon where else in the world can you get an offer for free food from an Englishman? Would you like to borrow the plastic cockroach legs and flies to toss on the plate at the last minute? The wind up mouse was flung against the wall the other day at another establishment so it will take a little time to find a replacement.

In wise fashion I have booked a table at Pedro's - in a week. Give them time to work out the "bugs." Apparantly there aren't any, but that remains to be seen...

S
S
Just make sure you make a reservation.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
K
K
Cannot speak for the food at Pedro's BUT he does concoct an ice-cold vodka and tonic.

going overboard pedro. no restaurant is perfect.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.