Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
VOLUNTEER DENTISTS IN SAN PEDRO

Free Dentistry available at the San Pedro Smile Center, Located in the Government's Poly Clinic II. Children Free and a $20 per visit fee for underprivileged adults.

June 12th - 15th

9am to 4pm

We are in need of volunteers to help (No experience necessary) and dental supplies.

Contact [email protected]

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
"No experience necessary"?! They won't be working on me!

Here I go again probably raising a point that doesn't need raising. But, I wonder what the Belizean dentist trying to make a living think about Gringos coming down and giving away free dental. confused

Question, why is it "free? then say $20. I believe the wording "underprivledged adults" is unappropriate to some here...and who determines who is underprivledged. Perhaps it should just say $20 Adults.

Pedro2, the no experience necessary is not the people working on the teeth but you gave me a good laugh!

M
M
most communities in the U.S. have programs that give away free dental care periodically, i don't think it will take away from the dentists in Belize

I just wonder how the local dentists in the US would react if dentists from another country came into their community to give away their services.
Just a philosophical question. I really have nothing against people donating their time and services to help others. I just enjoy exploring how others might feel about it or what other reactions might be to an otherwise well intentioned jesture.

S
S
A thought, the dental education that people receive may send them to the local dentist more than they might have before the volunteer service arrived.

Excellent point Simon. Especially if it is for free. wink That is going to see their local dentist.

I have been speaking to an American Vet this afternoon who has noticed that many dogs here need treatment. He wants to come back to offer voluntary services here for a while.

I know this is a different area but surely any additional training which we can get must help the community at large.

i certainly welcome it.

S
S
If you see him again, send him over to the clinic to talk to the vet about volunteering.

The permit process is the problem as obtaining a vet license in Belize takes quite some time.

Cheers,

S...

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 316 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.