Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Dueller Offline OP
OP Offline
D
First, thanks to all for the great comments and info on AC...too bad I don't "get" some of the inside jokes and jabs.

Headed to AC 6/26 for a 2 week honeymoon. Staying at Bel Shores...I know its somewhat isolated from SP but that was exactly what we're looking for.

Aside from the "normal" honeymoon activities, any must do suggestions? At this point we are planning on snorkeling & diving, maybe a fishing outing, perhaps a day trip to CC but unlikely we'll go to mainland on this trip.

Oh yeah...can't seem to find how late the water taxis run from SP at night...

Anyway...thanks for all on the forum for their pointers...

jim & marie

Check this site

www.cayecaulkerwatertaxi.com

It was the most comprehensive water taxi info I found. I never did find any printed schedule for the Island Ferry, if that's what you were looking for. And keep in mind, if you are dining at some of the nicer restaurants on the North End of the Island, they will often send their own water taxi for you if you ask when you make a reservation (Capricorn did this for us on our first trip last November and at night it was an awesome ride!)

Hope this helps...congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

Be a pal, save a Dal.
D
Dueller Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thx for the quick response, spots. The site was helpful on plans for CC.

As far as the taxis, I really was curious about how we get back to Bel Shores after a night of revelry in SP...

Hon Offline
This might help...from //ambergriscaye.com/info/categories/Travel-to-Belize-%26-Ambergris-Caye/Getting-around-while-here/Taxis%2C-water-taxi%26%2339%3Bs%2C-and-ferries/

Fido's North - Costa Maya South
7 am ---------- 7:45 am
9 am ---------- 9:45 am
11 am --------- 11:45 am
1 pm ---------- 1:45 pm
3 pm ---------- 3:45 pm
5 pm ---------- 5:45 pm
6 pm ---------- 6:45 pm
7 pm ---------- 7:45 pm
8 pm ---------- 8:45 pm
9 pm ---------- 9:45 pm
10 pm --------- 10:45 pm
On Wednesday, Friday and Saturday there are late night runs at 12:00 and 2:00 am

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
...seems like 10 or 11PM. Maybe later on the weekend. Schedules are posted at the water taxi, behind Fido's. I would suggest an evening dinner at Caliente Norte. It is located at the "old" Essene Way, the food is great and quite romanical.

Gone fishing!!
Snorkel Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley with Alphonso Graniel. He's a blast and very knowledgable.

D
Dueller Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thx Bill, Hon and SG...as far as eating out, we're planning on trying a few of the upscale places, but we really like the adventure of locals type eateries. To give you an idea, my favorite meal of all my carribbean travels was BBQ squid and a beer from a 10 y.o. street vendor in Barbados...cooked on a hibacchi on the sidewalk. 'course I was really hungry;)

Any off the beaten path dives that have great local cuisine?

Coco's family restaurant. A local will direct you.

X
Xoe Offline
X
My week at Belizean Shores in January was great, and although not a romantic celebration (I traveled with my sister), some things are great no matter the occasion! I second the above suggestions for snorkeling with Alfonso, and dinner at Caliente Norte, which is a short walk from your condo. The food really is local style, although the ambience is "elegant" rather than "funky". Prices seemed reasonable to us for what was offered.

I have photos that may interest you in my "Belize 2006" Shutterfly album -- it's under the Trip Reports and Photographs section of this web site -- shots of Belizean Shores (inside & out), Caliente Norte (ditto), and snorkeling with Alfonso (in both sets of Belize photos -- January photos are named "Belize 2006", and the second set is named "Belize May 2006).

What a great place for a honeymoon!

My husband and I are returning to AC for the third year in a row in November. Each year, our trip gets longer. If you snorkel and dive, you will LOVE it. I highly recommend Amigos Del Mar for diving. Great crew and great trips.

The laid-back attitude and pace compliment the unspoiled scenery and friendly people on AC. A great choice for a honeymoon (or for a second, third or fourth!) Enjoy and congratulations!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.