Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#123811 06/20/06 09:12 AM
Originally posted by bywarren:
Another example of how information on this message board can be helpfull or totally inacurate.
AND THIS IS COMING FROM THE MAN IN THE KNOW!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#123812 06/20/06 09:21 AM
you say toe-may-toe I say toe-mott-o
Thank goodness we don't all want to be in the same place at the same time - the planet would tip over.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#123813 06/20/06 11:06 AM
G
OP Offline
G
LOL! Thanks 1BKeeper for answering the original question. I love this msg board because the posters are nothing if not knowledgeable & passionate!

See ya in August.

#123814 06/20/06 05:08 PM
Sun&Sand, you were not just offering your opinion. You were stating that Tropic used walkie talkies and did not use head sets and never had a co pilot. That is false information, not just an opinion. Both airlines use hand held radios to communicate with their ground based operations. Both use the same type radios instaled in all of the planes to communicate with air traffic control. And, both have co pilots when in training and both often have only one pilot otherwise.
Yes, you are intilted to your opinion. But, when you make statements that are false, that is inacurate information and people need to recognize that. There is a difference between giving an opinion and stating false information.
You are entitled to your opinion. And people are entitled to know when you are giving false information.

#123815 06/21/06 06:53 AM
Well, ByWarren, the last ten to fifteen times I've flown Tropic they did not have head sets...they had hand held walkie talkies. In my opinion, the planes for Mayan Air are cleaner, and appear to be newer. In MY OPINION, I prefer the newer planes and pilots who have headsets, so they don't have to take their hands off of the yoke to speak with the ground or air control. In MY OPINION, you are just nit picking. I said they NEVER had a co-pilot, and maybe they have, but I have never had one on board when I've flown Tropic, and I've flown them a lot. So, I've never seen a co-pilot. My husband flies, and I'm very comfortable with these planes, but if someone isnt' used to flying LBF's it may make them more comfortable to know there is a second set of hands if need be. I think you just have to pick on someone, and I'm this weeks target. On the bright side, if you are picking on me, you are leaving someone else alone. If someone askes, I'll direct them to you because you know everything, and aren't prone to interjecting your opinion. You only give the facts, and they are all accurate. SO nice of you to oblige.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
#123816 06/21/06 07:18 AM
I don't consider pointing out inacurate statements to be picking on someone. If you do, so be it. If someone believes information to be inacurate, then giving what they believe to be accurate infomatnion is just another view for people to consider.

Hell, I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong. :p

#123817 06/21/06 07:28 AM
S
S
Not to interupt, but last fall from October until right before Thanksgiving, Maya offered half price flights from Municipal to San Pedro if you paid cash. I don't know or want to speculate that it might be done again this year.

"Just another Day in Paradise"
#123818 06/21/06 07:57 AM
C
C
Tropic pilots use light weight head sets with a thin boom mike that may not be visible if you're sitting in the back of the acft.
Both co.s operate single pilot. If there is a first officer on board, he is most likely a pilot in training or a sr. pilot doing a route ck.
Tropic Caravans are all recieved new from the factory, the only difference may be signs of wear. Tropic Caravans fly significantly more hours and carry more passengers per day.
All Tropic Caravan Capts. are Belizean. They are sent to the U.S.A. for initial Caravan specific training when they are chosen for upgrade.
As far as Tropic, if there is an F.O., he has gone through an approved acft type specific company training program.
The hand sets are for company communication as BW mentioned.

#123819 06/21/06 09:46 AM
During my ride in the co-pilots seat, no headset was worn by pilot. Perhaps they do have them, and this day they didn't have it. I conversed with the pilot, and saw both sides of his head after landing. No headset. But, I surrender. I will stand corrected, not worth the pissing match. Hope whomever flies whatever has a great flight. I have never had a poor flight on either. Good luck.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
#123820 06/21/06 10:43 AM
C
C
You did say, "10 to 15 times".

Also, "after landing", as you mention, he most likely removed his head set to converse with you.
Especially if you're cute.

Anyway, both companies strive to give safe, reliable airservice and both I'm sure appreciate your business and welcome constructive critizism.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.