Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
As a Christmas gift from us, our son is joining us in San Pedro in January. He lives in North Vancouver so the most cost efficient way is to fly him out of Seattle through Houston.

There is only one logical choice for SEA - BZE which has a layover of 1:40 in Houston. I'm guessing since his luggage will be checked through from SEA to BZE, that will be enough time.

However on the return flight, when he will have to pick up and recheck his stuff in the International queue, we have 2 choices - a 1:30 or 3:20 layover.

We really want the 1:30 to be long enough to make his flight since he has to drive back to Vancouver from Seattle once he lands. Any advice from Canadians or other international travellers who have gone through Houston airport in transit as to the timing?

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
D
D
Although HOU is a sprawling airport, 1.30 is enough time to get around and make connections. Recently flying thru there with a 60 minute layover to Cancun was not a problem...so long as you don't leave the passenger areas and have to go back thru security.

E
E
Another way to do it, but it means an overnight each way, is through Calgary to Houston. We overnight in Houston one way and Calgary on the way back. When you think of the cost driving and storing the car in Seattle, it might be close to the cost of the hotels.
When we last went through Houston, most of the hotels were full, and when we finally found one, the shuttle busses had stopped running, so we had to take a $50 cab ride to the Ramada, so reserves at a hotel close to the airport would be a good idea.

L
L
The last time I flew to Belize (Oct 05), we went through Houston, on Continental. We had a 35 minute layover!! Belive it or not, both Us and our luggage made it.

The time before (March 05) we went through Houston also. We flew into to Houston on Continental and transfered to TACA. We had almost 4 hours and almost didn't get on the plane and our luggage got there 1 1/2 days later. Go figure. :rolleyes:

I agree with Dueller though, 1 1/2 either way should be enough time.

R
R
hi hon we are from vancouver island and we leave via vancouver-san fransico-charlotte n.c you may want to check into that

I always return via Houston from Belize and have similar connection times. An hour and a half can be a very, very tight connection depending on the lines at immigration and customs. I always book the later flight and go standby on the earlier one if I get lucky and get thru quickly. I would rather know that I have confirmed reservations that I can make as opposed to relying on a tight connection and missing it.

Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks everyone.

evirdhgih & renski,

I can get Continental SEA to BZE for 600 CAD all taxes in right now and I expect the prices will go down at the end of November when I intend to purchase the ticket. Is that higher than the rates you pay for your multi-stop itineraries?

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
travelqueen: I probably should just let this go. But, sometimes people's logic leaves me scratching my almost bald head. If someone is making advanced - months in advance - airline reservations, how can checking the weather at the time of the return flight have any factor on that decision? confused

F
F
Hon-I live in Vancouver and have made the trip down three times. There are daily flights out of Vancouver on Continental that generally leave about 8 am.

You arrive in Houston at 2:30 ish in the afternoon which requires an overnight stay.
Personally, I don't mind the overnight at all, as it breaks up the trip nicely and you feel refreshed for the next leg. The next morning, flights leave to Belize from Houston at 9 am....you are on the island just after noonish.

On the return, travel is all in one day.
(Leaving AC at 1 pm.....arrive back in Vancouver at 11:30 pm after changing planes in Houston.)

Cost (all taxes included) is on average $900-1100.

I suppose it comes down to personal choice between driving the 3.5 hours to Seattle and home again, or doing an overnight in Houston for around the same price (once all things considered.)

I admit I need help. Does anyone understand this? confused

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.