Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#124116 06/22/06 09:20 PM
Marty Online Happy OP
OP Online Happy
Cullen Walker and Sterling Vorus reported that their First Responders Program is really picking up momentum. Sterling mentioned that they have just received their ISS100 status, which qualifies the group to interact with NEMO, FIMA and other governmental agencies.

They recently bartered a deal so that two members of their team can receive first aid and emergency response training at a significant discount - 600 BZ rather than $995 US per person - from an internationally-known service provider. The idea is to ultimately have a team of First Responders on the island that can jump in immediately when disaster strikes. This team would include medical (doctors, nurses), tactical (rescue and transport), professional (legal, advocates) and technical (mechanics, handymen) experts.

Harriette Fisher suggested the Chamber sponsor one person - Tom will check funds and take this up with the Board of Directors. Cullen and Sterling will pay their own way in the course, but they are currently seeking sponsors for the other two First Response team members. Please contact Tom if you can help sponsor a team member to take the course.

Cullen and Sterling have made a tremendous effort to create quality first aid and emergency response on the island. Thank you Cullen and Sterling��.

Marty,

Can you provide contact info for Tom?

Thanks

I've already told you more than I know.
Marty Online Happy OP
OP Online Happy

These two guys are doing a great job. The level of emergency care on this island has already increased dramatically. One of the concerns of retired people is getting emergency medical care. I think the tourism board should get behind this project 100%.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Not to discount anything else this board has advocated as a worthy cause and/or the medical expertise available on Ambergris, but I believe this is one of the most worthwhile projects I have seen since I have had the pleasure of vacationing in San Pedro. The peace of mind of having a first responder's team is worth whatever I can do to help support it. Thanks to all involved.

I've already told you more than I know.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (Marty), 126 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.