Re: News from the Vet #124221
06/24/06 08:27 AM
06/24/06 08:27 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
I also have given money to Saga and received no acknowledgement. I don't distrust anyone involved but I agree with Jeff that some visible accountability would be nice. If support is needed with the mechanics of the process I may be able to help (I am a chartered accountant).

Re: News from the Vet #124222
06/24/06 08:48 AM
06/24/06 08:48 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
Distemper is such an ugly thing - and so very contagious!

Peter, you continue to sing this song, even though you refuse to learn the tune. This topic, and your questions in particular, have been addressed ad nauseam.

Thought Pam of Pam & Dave (and Stanford Law School fame) was going to take over the task of distributing thank you notes . . . (see link below)

//ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/011376.html

Re: News from the Vet #124223
06/24/06 09:13 AM
06/24/06 09:13 AM
MD
dogmatic prevaricator Offline
dogmatic prevaricator  Offline
Biting sarcasm gives me goose bumps

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Re: News from the Vet #124224
06/24/06 10:07 AM
06/24/06 10:07 AM
dallas.tx
pnowell Offline
pnowell  Offline
Capt Jeff-if you look at the above link you will see a thank you from Simon wink

Re: News from the Vet #124225
06/24/06 10:09 AM
06/24/06 10:09 AM
MSU
PalapaBob Offline
PalapaBob  Offline
I donated and received a very gracious letter of appreciation in a timely matter.

I've already told you more than I know.
Re: News from the Vet #124226
06/24/06 10:25 AM
06/24/06 10:25 AM
New Jersey/sanpedro
captjeff Offline
captjeff  Offline
Yes a thank you on the board , in december was made , by simon as he is very gracious ..the point being is , since then more money was sent and I still never ever got a e mail or official letter from saga,saying thanks.Simon is a great guy this is not about simon.pedro 2 makes the same point.wish I had the time to help to do fund raising ...

Living The Dream Every Day!
Re: News from the Vet #124227
06/24/06 11:03 AM
06/24/06 11:03 AM
S
SimonB Offline

SimonB  Offline
S
No Peter, you are not going to get slammed for this. It is a piece of information that I find very useful.

As far as posting accounts, I don't know how many times that this has been said (and I'm sure it will need to be said again.) The accounts of Saga are public and may be viewed by anyone by simply calling and making an appointment. Every time Peter has made comments about the accounts he has been invited to view them but has yet to do so. You can read into that what you may.

For those of you who have not received follow up thanks, I personally apologize on behalf of the board. I am no longer involved in that process but I will follow up, as I have been, to try and make sure that the procedures that are in place are followed. Please contact me directly if you find yourself in this situation.

Work was started on improving the shelter but we ran into a major setback. Anyone who drives past can see how bad the condition of the soil is in that area. I arranged to have a backhoe come in (thanks to Kevin Gonzales) to have the area improved and prepared for the installation of a concrete pad. But the rains came and we now have to clear all of the sludge off, haul it away and then refill. We are waiting for a quote on the work as we need to watch our dollars and make sure that the money that has been raised for the shelter is used effectively.

There is a board meeting today and I will make it a point to have the voices of the message board and contributors heard.

Re: News from the Vet #124228
06/24/06 11:09 AM
06/24/06 11:09 AM
Los Angeles
CaliBlueFrog Offline

CaliBlueFrog  Offline
I also received a thank you letter from Saga for the donations we brought down in May. I felt sorry for all the little puppies in their cages, and wish that I could have adopted one, and brought it home with me. My puppy at home would not have appreciated it so much, however!

Re: News from the Vet #124229
06/24/06 11:16 AM
06/24/06 11:16 AM
New Jersey/sanpedro
captjeff Offline
captjeff  Offline
There you go , this sounds good to me.please keep up the good work .

Living The Dream Every Day!
Re: News from the Vet #124230
06/24/06 03:51 PM
06/24/06 03:51 PM
Pedro1 Offline OP
Pedro1  Offline OP
I just reported what the vet told me-she said she had no idea what was in the accounts.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
November
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 146 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics72,759
Posts484,579
Members19,736
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.