Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#125042 07/20/06 07:57 AM
C
OP Offline
C
It has been quite a while since I brought this up, maybe someone has new info concerning the Power heading north, and possible road to Sueno Del Mar
Also, a while back, their was talk about some improvments to road, by the City Council, but stopped by some residences.
Does anyone have some good reliable update on these subjects.
Last trip down was in Jan, so looking for update, including proposals for new resorts not mentioned on this site.

Suggest you join the North Ambergris Caye Neighborhood Watch. Then you'd receive their emailed notices and minutes of their meetings which would keep you up to date on your favorite subject. You might even contribute financially to their many fine projects.

<[email protected]>

S
S
Amen.

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Make it so.

Please!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
The poor horse has been DEAD for about a year and a half!!!!!

But the beatings CONTINUE!!!!!!!

I'm getting SAGA to fine CS!!!!! laugh

what about the monorail

the monorail is apparantly right on track!

Government isn't doing anything to sort out our roads which is interesting. It's actually going to be cheaper for them to pave the roads (at least those on the south side of the island) than it is to leave them in their present deplorable state.

Here's why:

In the past 2 months we've had a LOT of rain. And, we've had a LOT of first time visitors. I doubt that many of those first-timers will return to our island. It has been pathetic and embarrassing watching them struggle through our disgusting "roads." As a country we will be percieved by those tourists as being backward and 4th-world. In a sense they will see us as being a rip-off. You know, the glorious brochures and websites and the muddy reality.

Next year's May, June and July won't be as busy. In fact, next year's rainy season (June to November) will probably fall waayyyy off due to feedback about this years vacation debacles. People will simply not want to come.

So, less tourists, less taxes, everyone here tightens their belts and that means EVEN less taxes. Cheaper for the government just to bring in Medinas Construction and "Pave the damn roads, one time!"

Oh, and lots of speed bumps please. Just because we'll have good roads doesn't mean we have to have fast roads.

And with the roads south of the bridge sorted out the town council will be able to devote more resources to basic road maintenance north of the bridge.

Of course, such a wonderful pipe dream will require the PUP government working with the local UDP town council and area rep and vice-versa.

Now I KNOW I'm in La La Fantasty DreamLand.

S
S
SAGA fines CS for beating dead horse LOL

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.