Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Squidgy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello. I am thinking of making a trip to hang out at the beach later this month. Basically I'd like to relax, enjoy a few beers on the beach and take it easy...maybe snorkel a bit. Nothing too heavy. I'm a single guy, late 30's but young at heart. I'm looking for some advice...Which of these hotels is my best bet, in your opinion? I'm considering the following, for the following reasons, but would appreciate any advice from people who have stayed there or are otherwise in the know...thanks.

1) Pedro's Backpackers Inn. Budget priced, so that I can afford more in other areas. I'd like to know if anyone has stayed there and what I can expect. As well, how close to the beach is it located? How would it compare with other budget priced places like Lily's, Ruby's, or San Pedrano?

2) The Cloisters. Reasonably priced with a kitchenette, and located just nort of the bridge. The ad says it is beachfront. Anyone stay there before?

3) Exotic Caye. Definitely more pricey, but it has so many amenities...beachfront, pool, etc.

If you have any reasons why I should or shouldn't choose any of these places, I'd apreciate the advice. Thanks

Exotic Caye has oceanfront, kitchen, pool, great bar, really good restaurant for breakfast and lunch, great people. Did you see their summer/fall specials? Not a bad deal. Good location too. Don't know anything about the other two.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Their "restaurant" is closed throughout August.

G
G
Cloisters is fine....stayed there before and will stay there again...just a little out of town...but within walking distance to bars and restaurants north of the cut.

S
Squidgy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
GB...I thought the cut was at the north edge of town. How far a walk would it be into town accross the bridge?

If you want just a place to rest your head which is clean. Pedro's Inn is without doubt the best value on the Island.

You have a bar below and a Pizza House also. It lies 5 minutes walk from the town itself.

During inclement weather however you may get a little wet if you venture out.

There are good deals to be had in town but not at $12.50 US per night. More likely double that.

For what you describe yourself as I really think you would enjoy the experience there. Pedro himself can be the best of hosts and if you support Soccer you will have a friend for life.

S
Squidgy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Beachboy...5 mins in what direction? And how far from the beach?

Slightly South of the airstrip two minutes from the beach. It is one street back that is all.

The view is the only thing negative but frankly who cares. You will have plenty of spare cash to enoy other things

G
G
The Cloisters is about 1.15 miles north of town.

Beach boy you are a man of character,and class...the above post about pedro's inn shows what you are made of..Me and you will get along..I think you are the real deal.looking forward to meeting again next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Living The Dream Every Day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 184 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.