Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
OP Offline
N
Hey all!

We have a group of 16 people (equal mix of males/females between 28-33 yrs old) that will be in AC for New Years. We would like to make reservations for dinner at a "nice" restaurant for NYE. Nothing "too" fancy (most of us are single, so we aren't looking for anything too romantic wink ). Just something nice, maybe outdoors, with good food and good atmosphere. Any recommendations?

Belize NYE here we come!
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Capricorn gets my vote!

I agree Sandito!! Dinner there and then town for partying! It is the one night we really dress up but you don't have to! Trust me, I don't own a dress after all these years! Pier Lounge and Holiday Hotel for New Years now! You will have fun! I also LOVE Portofino...unbelievable food and love the owners and staff!

Can't find my plane...
JZB Offline
I think Blue Water Grill is your best bet. Open air dining, great food, plus it is within a few steps to all the beach parties so you don't have to worry about transporting 16 people from up north. Try their Horny Monkey (the drink) or Mint Gimlets. Awesome!

JZB is on the money ,NYEBELIZE said not to fancy , outdoors,singles so good blue water is good choice, one of many ..Again are they staying south or north??Jzb point is right 16 new years eve!!thats a lot to move around.

Living The Dream Every Day!
I have been in belize a few times for new years eve and have used the water taxis for transportation. I think you would have a hard time fitting 16 people ( all together) on the water taxi due to the crowds of people on new years eve. you may find yourselves getting split up. If you are all staying in or near town than consider some place in town, and make a reservation early with that many people in the party. Casa Piccasso, Blue water grill, El divinos, Ricos @ banyan bay villas, to mention a few. Hey maybe Captain Jeff will cook you dinner a his "Casa Love Shack" wink

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
N
OP Offline
N
Thanks to all who responded!! We are staying at the Blue Dolphin Beach House (north). We are trying to find a company that will take us on a boat/booze cruise before dinner and then drop us off at the restaurant we choose. Right now, Blue Water Grill is looking like the winner! I've e-mailed a few boat companies inquiring about the boat/booze cruise, but with no responses...any idea why? Anyways, CAPTJEFF - let me know if you would like to cook for 16 WONDERFUL people in your "Casa Love Shack" wink Thanks again!

Belize NYE here we come!
NYEBELIZE,
I am sure you will have a grand time on Island!
We stayed in this home the second time we went to Belize (2 adults & 2 teens) and it would have been a much better experience for us IF...
a) all the air-conditioners worked in all the bedrooms instead of just 2 bedrooms as there were no screens on the windows or doors to open for any air.
b) the pool was filled and working as there was about 4 inches of water in the pool when we arrived.
c) if there was a TV (for the kids) as pictured in the photo's.
d) a real telephone would have been nice as with the radio phone you had to call someone 5 times to get out your short conversation.
We never did hear back from Mark or his wife about these small problems but I assume they are very busy people, giving dentistry to the Island now I understand too, free of charge.
I don't mean to scare you, our family had a grand time anyway (we always do anywhere) and after visiting San Pedro several times after that and staying elsewhere, we are still in love with the Island!
I would just check about these above mentioned items prior to your arrival only IF they should matter to you. Though I did the same and I was assured all was well.
Have a great time!
Hope
P.S. If that pool is up and running... I'm jealous! It's a beautiful pool, deck, home and property! cool
ENJOY IT!!!
OH... if you want to fly me out from Maui... I'll cook and clean for all of you!!! wink

2 north me cook ,think not !!! but would invite all the laddies over for a tour !!!

And denvendan knows hot from not I would be very concerned about what she said about the place .she was very diplomatic ,but why????no a/c no screens pool ?? that would make me upset....but maybe not a issue now?????????

Living The Dream Every Day!
N
OP Offline
N
Oh my gosh! denverdan - thank you SO MUCH for the info! Looks as though this tough mid-western gal will need to put her foot down before I make my way to Belize! I can tell you if we show up with an empty pool we will have 16 extremely PI**ED off people!
Thanks again!!!
Much appreciated!

Belize NYE here we come!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 268 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.