Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Does anyone no anything about the Iguana Creek Resort in Belize. Also, if you have any good suggestions. I'm looking for something in the rain forest that would be near ruins and have horse back riding. Something interesting, relaxing, but not to expensive. Maybe near the jaguar preserve.

Thanks,
Jeffrey

I know Iguana Reef Inn and also Lazy Iguana B&B (both on Caye Caulker) but I don't think I'm familiar with Iguana Creek -- where is it?

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
S
S
Well, I also do not know much about the Iguana Creek Resort but if you are looking for a nice "jungle resort" to stay in you should go to Chaa Creek in the Cayo district. They have horse back riding, hiking, and are only less than 5 miles away from Xununtunich. That is an old Mayan ruin and is absolutely beautiful.
It is around 2 hours from the jaguar reserve so you make decision if that is close enough. They have a butterfly farm and history museum which no other resort has. The owners are very nice people and it is an excellent place to stay. I hope you have a wonderful time if you go!! Also, if you do go, please tell Mick and Lucy that Sylvano said hi. (they are the owners)

Sylvano

Read the trip log for duPlooy's Jungle Lodge on the message board. This place was AWESOME. The people were very accomodating, and they had numerous tours to choose from. The guides they provided were fantastic and they pick you up right at the lodge. The accomodations and food was outstanding. We had a private bungalow. It's also on the Macal river, so you can swim on your own in your free time. We went to the Tikal ruins in Guatamala while there. They were magnificent. Way better than I ever even dreamed of. It was a two hour drive to get there and the ride through the countryside was beautiful. We stopped at a Guatamalan festival on the way home, and shopped in a small town. Very pleasant.

Maruba was heavenly: horseback riding, jungle hiking, riverboat ride to the ruins at Lamanai, wild game dinners, mood mud massage therapy, soaking in a hot mineral bath, your room key comes attached to a coconut. What more could you ask for?

M
M
Pook's Hill Lodge was great. Right in the Jungle. They can help with a variety of activities. They also have an Iguana breeding program. Great food, conversation, and super nice hosts. Check it out.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.