Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#129492 11/12/06 06:17 PM
Adman - depends on how you send it. Ground can take weeks - even months, air is much quicker and courier is the quickest. Your cost of sending can be as much or more than the value of what you're sending. When you think, however, of where and to whom it's going, the issue of cost matters less. Tacogirl can likely give you details to expedite the process.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
#129493 11/12/06 06:41 PM
A
A
tacogirl...please provide an address...I am going to try to send something this week.

#129494 11/12/06 08:10 PM
We are bringing Christmas presents with us when we arrive on Dec 22. Some stuffed animals, and a bunch of other smaller type items. We ae open to ideas of where to drop them off in San pedro area. Our girls may want to play Santa Claus hand hand them direct to the kids.

Support Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
The life we are trying to save may be a loved one of yours
#129495 11/13/06 08:33 AM
OP Offline
Hi All thanks for your response and action.

Deacon as we chatted about last night at Pedro's we are so glad to have you as Santa. I am working on finding out time for you to arrive.

That is great Belizegail.

Adman I private messaged you my mailing addy. I know mail can be slow but as far as the school goes so far, the mail Gods have been hearing my prayers so much so that they are waving duty on donations or charging very little. Yay.

Thanks for the specs on the stuffed animals Tinkerbell, they sound perfect.

DitchDocDiver that is great, I am sure you will find some wonderful kids to give the presents too, You could always give them out directly or maybe to the library if they are still open at that time.

If anyone is coming down and has room in their suitcases, I would love to make a dollar store order or 2.

Right now my main resources are this board and trying to find cheap bulk lots on ebay for smaller toy items.

We now need to get more mid size presents With Tinkerbelle's 18 that leaves 82 needed. I will find out about Christmas stockings later today a net friend in Colorado has offered to check for me.

I am confident we can totally pull this off with all your help so far I can imagine kids will have a nice Christmas party.

I almost forgot those of you who are here on that date Dec 15, are welcome to come and join the fun.

I will keep posting progress and what is needed along the way.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

#129496 11/13/06 10:11 AM
to anyone in the states...
There are these WONDERFUL stores, that i called "teachers stores" where teachers go to buy supplies. I used to go there to buy things when i was in HR, and you can get TONS TONS TONS of CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP toys kids LOVE!

just google teacher store and your area. OR, better yet, find a site you like, order online, have it shipped to you so you can bring or send down.

i'm talkin' like, $.25 a toy CHEAP....and they'll love it!

PLUS there are OOODLES AND OOOOOODLES of decorations.

this is a great site i've used many times...
http://www.ustoy.com/novelty/default.htm

PERHAPS....someone who is coming down can place an order, and we can all chip in and pay you a portion when you get here???

#129497 11/13/06 10:38 AM
OP Offline
what a great idea Lara

I looked at the site briefly saw some cool stuff, lots under small toy novelties and stocking stuffers.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

#129498 11/13/06 12:10 PM
J
J
There are several other mail order places for small novelty toys and stickers. Oriental Trading Company, Medibadge, and Smile Makers are the ones we use for prizes at the pediatric clinic where I work. If you order something and get on their mailing lists, they have good sales and lots of 'free shipping' deals.

#129499 11/13/06 07:45 PM
OP Offline
JeanH do you know if any of those places ship international?

#129500 11/13/06 09:31 PM
J
J
I just looked at the websites, Smile Makers and Medibadge do international shipping, but they don't list any fees. I bet it isn't cheap.

#129501 11/13/06 10:22 PM
OP Offline
That is the hard part the cost.

I am still looking at some things on ebay as I find it easy to figure shipping there and if people sell international.

These sites have some great stuff on them though.

I wish the dollar store fairy would come when we are sleeping and leave us a big bag of things laugh

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 356 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.