Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
SFJeff Offline OP
OP Offline
S
A quick announcement to all:

We're incredibly excited to say that starting this Sunday Nov 26th (with a little help from a local expert) we're going to be serving pibil on the beach, Sundays up here at Rojo Lounge. (Pibil, for those unfamiliar with the dish, is a FANTASTIC way of cooking pork wrapped in plantian leaves, underground on a bed of hot river rocks... the pork slowly cooks overnight until it is falling off the bone.) With sides of salsas, handmade tortillas, beans, and slaw, a better Sunday afternoon meal would be hard to find! We'll be running drink specials on our frozen mojitos too... Starts at noon, runs until the folks are too tired for any more pibil and drink.

Hope to see some boarders there...

Info: 226 4012

Best,

Jeff / Azul Resort & Rojo Lounge

ps. please note, we rarely (if EVER) use this board for "advertising" (Marty can attest to that) so please do not lambast us or let this thread regress into a debate of such. Pibil is a traditional Belizean treat and we simply wish to spread the word.

With your usual fine quality it sounds wonderful!

How do we get up there?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
indygal,

Just wild speculation on my part, but I think perhaps watercraft might be the best option. An alien form of transportation to us landlocked Hoosiers for sure, but fairly effective in San Pedro.

ChooChoo - where have you been? It's been a very long time since I've seen you post. Hope all is well.

Looking forward to visiting Rojo (on Saturday).

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Gela,

Yeah, you're right, but it's a holiday and I'm in an unusual frisky mood.

Just spent two and a half weeks in SP (serious birthday duty) with SWIMBO and son and daughter in law. Rojos twice, very nice but that's my opinion.

Sometime our paths will cross again. Count on it.

CC

Jeff as usual kicks butt. and he is using norman and susannah eiley for consultations. the MAN when it comes to pibil. HERE HERE!!!!!

rojo is a true delight for your taste buds, which will love you forever. be good to them and they will never forget.

get there water taxi north and back. several times available daily at the island ferry. jeff has a boat that goes back and forth a few times too.

I just enjoyed the most fabulous dinner in my life at Rojo Lounge last night and if my trip wasn't so short, I would surely go back today!

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Was it a L.T.D. Dinner Gela?

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.