Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#130496 12/07/02 12:33 PM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Peter Singfield of Xaibe Village is making virgin coconut oil, if anyone want to buy some. We are working on a website for it, but if you can't wait, just email him at [email protected]. I got a few liters, divided them up and gave them to friends. Great for cooking, for curing skin (incredible how it fixes pimples or skin trauma such as post tattoo), for making salad dressings that are incredible. Great oil, super healthy and anti-rancid, lasts forever.

i like just eating a lil too, great for vitamins. tastes like the essence of coconut. We're putting together lots of material on uses, but I recommend you just get some now and not mess around.

Price is $25 US per liter delivery included -- but minimum order of 4 liters. Thats from Peter, I have some here, if you want a lil tester first, let me know and we can work something out...

here's information on ordering:
http://TurneffeCoconut.com

a temp page we just whipped up real quick...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

#130497 12/07/02 04:43 PM
Wow Can't wait to get some of this magic coconut oil. Good for all that ails me.

Dare To Deviate
#130498 12/07/02 06:42 PM
S
S
I would buy this stuff but the payment process is too onerous. I live in a little mountain town and shlepping to banks, etc. is too much trouble, takes hours. Western Union takes as much as 20% of the "price" of anything, way too high. The smaller your order, the higher the fee for Western Union.
Also I would not send a cashier's check through the mail to Belize. There have been many instances of theft from the Belizean mail system (I sent a $700 check once and by the time it hit my bank it was a $7000 check!!!) And others have told me of similar experiences. Recourse when cashiers checks go astray is very difficult.
I do all my shopping online or by catalogue. The key is ease of use. You can't make the order and payment process dependent on snail mail and intermediaries that the buyer has to visit.
Peter needs to come up with a way to accept online payment, either via credit card or through some kind of payment service that can be used internationally. Having a merchant account may be too costly for a small businessman, but he should check out PayPal and c2it (www.paypal.com and www.c2it.com ) They do charge fees (c2it to Belize takes about a 7-8% hit due to profit on foreign exchange but that's cheaper than Western Union. I am not sure what the international exchange profit is on international PayPal but its worth looking into.)

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
#130499 12/07/02 07:52 PM
PETER-my "Snake Man" friend!!!! I'd love some, but don't want 4 liters....anyone close to Bedford, Texas want to split some???? Email us!! C

#130500 12/08/02 02:21 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
yeah, its not the easiest payment, but sometimes good stuff involves a lil more, or you just miss out.

my daughter used some to fry eggs this morning, and said it was like dessert for breakfast!

rick, cheri, email me and i'll send ya'll some. same with you susan. i'd be honored. i'm gonna get a few containers and make some small batches, and mail those out. chloe, you too. ya'll send me your addresses. the first one is one me (HA HA HO HO said the drug man)

i am going to make up several dozen of these freebies, so git ahold of me of you all you stateside regulars, jane, hope, tammy, lan, karen, ya'll know yer good selves. you got one comin.

also, if you are in belize, send me email and maybe we can get a few small doses sent around to san pedro... for you local regulars too. i'll start a list. email me at [email protected]. i got 7 liters to parcel out in small amounts for us'n message board nutheads.

#130501 12/08/02 03:35 AM
S
S
Thanks Marty, but I went ahead and ordered it, using Western Union's online service. The fee is $15.
This is a lot cheaper than what you pay to do it by phone: They wanted $25 (a 25% fee!!) to do it by phone! What a ripoff!
I also had to demand a supervisor because they refused at first to accept my online transaction unless I called and gave a customer service operator my social security number, past addresses, etc. I had to call and explain to the idiot customer service rep that this is a violation of the FCPA and violates their merchant agreement with VISA. Then I had to explain this to the idiot's supervisor. So it was a hassle, but I guess the coconut oil is worth it! (But its not worth a 7 hour drive to my credit union for a cashier's check!)

Peter should investigate wwwc2it.com and www.paypal.com; it will get him more business. People are in a hurry these days and want to be able to pay easily online.

I am going to give a couple of bottles away too.

We have a lot of coconut trees on our land in Panama, maybe my husband can learn how to make this stuff when we get there. Actually, what I want is to know how to mix coconut with chocolate!

There is a book out about virgin coconut oil, its supposed to be very good for you but its hard to get. I bet it will be good for my hair too, what with all the peroxide it gets!!!

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
#130502 12/08/02 10:20 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
its SUPER good for your hair...
we have a lil info on that, getting more...

Coconut oil can be used for a dry scalp, and as a hair conditioner as and when required. It can be used as follows:- Warm the Coconut oil in the jar, in a bowl of hot water, until it is in a liquid form. After checking that the temperature is not too high, apply some liquid Coconut oil to the scalp and rub in well. Place a shower cap (or plastic bag, held in position with a towel) over the hair, so that the scalp is kept warm. After approximately 15 minutes, apply plenty of shampoo before wetting the hair. Work shampoo well into scalp and hair to break down the oil. Rinse shampoo and oil away.
////////////

also more info on coconut oil and its uses at:
//AmbergrisCaye.com/medicine6.html

that was written a couple years ago....
Susan, i'll have Peter read your note about the online pay services, we discussed it, but we thought you have to have a USA bank. Then we'd have to take in the $$ in the USA, send it to Belize, and there are tax implications there we'd rather not deal with...

but I know Wendy has PayPal, and her bank is on Caye Caulker, so maybe.... thanks for the impetus....

#130503 12/08/02 10:26 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Susan, there is a company here called euphoria chocolate that makes their own chocolate. Its dreamboat city. i'm gonna send you some. i know how you love chocolate!!!

their truffles are WOW!
send me your address, merry christmas. anyone who loves chocolate (like me!) as much as you do deserves a 6 pak of those truffles...

:> i'll send em out with the oil samples folks want...

the byproduct of the oil process, highly compressed coconut trash left after the oil has been cold
pressed out of the dried coconut gratings, Peter is feeding to his animals and they are digging it! We've discussed a cookie product maybe from that also, or something to make good use of those vitamins besides fattening up the chickens and pigs!

#130504 12/08/02 11:45 AM
L
L
I've been using it for making homemade herbal soap for years and it is great for the skin.

R.B. Mernitz
#130505 12/08/02 02:50 PM
Lovey & Thurston,

I would love to try your soap recipe! I just paid $3.50 a bar to a local "goat lady" that makes Goat soap with rosmary & lavendar...it is great, but the idea of Coconut sound much better!

Mexicana wink

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.