Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
hanneke Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hi we like to visit Belize next year, can anyone tell me how to get there from amsterdam ( Netherlands). as far as i now there is no travel agancy in the netherlands where i can book this trip. and we must see Belize. all tips are welkom. THANKS

You will have to get to one of the hubs for Continental or American Airlines which service Belize. These are Miami, Florida; Dallas, Texas; and Houston, Texas. It is approx. a 2 hour flight from all the hubs to Belize City. You can access the hubs from most major cities in the USA or Canada.

One suggestion might be to fly from Amsterdam to Toronto. Flights leave Amsterdam to Toronto daily either on KLM or Air Canada/Canadian Air.

You would have to overnight in Toronto and take Continental or American to Miami, Dallas, or Houston early the next morning.

I use Continental from Toronto to Houston usually because the airfare is a bit cheaper. Then you would take Continental from Houston to Belize City. It takes about one hour to change Continental planes in Houston. You should arrive in Belize City the same day you leave Toronto at about 2:30pm.

If you e-mail your hotel or resort, they will arrange a reservation on Tropic Air or Maya Air to Ambergris Caye (a 20 min flight).

If you need further info or travel agent suggestions in Toronto who could set up the entire trip, get in touch with me at my email below.

**Jim
sandcrab@bigfoot.com

[This message has been edited by Sandcrab (edited 09-22-2000).]

**Jim
Hanneke,

Many Europeans who come to Belize fly to Cancun, Mexico, which has quite a bit of service from Europe, at good prices, and then bus to Belize (about 5 hours and US$15).

By the way, one of the best butterfly farms in Belize, Green Hills in Cayo, is run by people from the Netherlands.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
H
hanneke Offline OP
OP Offline
H
thanks guys for the tips!Ive visit Cancun for 2 times and i hop on the bus all the time it so simple. We travel all over Mexico by bus. Why din"t i think of that. But sometimes you need a little push in the right direction. So thanks.

Hanneke

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.