Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#132988 11/19/00 04:14 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I had hoped to start out on Thursday, after Thanksgiving Dinner, to head south to beautiful Belize. My baby grandson passed away suddenly and we are overwhelmed with grief.

Maybe by Christmas... maybe I'll bring my daughter, too, so she'll have a chance to recouperate from this horrible ordeal.

Please put us, especially my daughter, in your prayers.

Thanks.
Marietta

Oh my, Marietta, how tragic, so sorry about your grandson death. You and your family are in my prayers. Good idea to take your daughter with you to Belize. You can spend time together and remembering your baby grandson's life. no matter how short it was, he was with you and has a place always in your hearts.

Dare To Deviate
F
F
oh Marietta....we are so, so sorry for your loss. your grandson is now someones very important guardian angel..he will always and in all ways be close to you and your family. you are in our prayers and may God give you strength.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i too am overwhelmed with grief you you and your daughter. i will tell you of a friend who lost her 2 year old (sick from birth) last year. she says "i feel blessed that God chose me to be the caretaker of this little soul, even for a short time, for someone else might not have appreciated this great honor." i am not religious, but this thought has never left me. i gained a new respect for her as well. maybe to pass it on to your daughter might help ease her pain.

D
D
Marietta,
I am so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you and your daughter. My prayers are for a swift ease of pain for you all.

[This message has been edited by Delila (edited 11-19-2000).]

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks so much for your prayers and support. We completed the services yesterday, Tuesday, and one cannot imagine a more painful experience for all of us. As the baby's grandmother, I was filled with grief. As my daughter's mother, I wanted to take the pain away from her.

Please keep your babies safe... get sleep monitors, if necessary. Find out what causes babies to be at higher risk than other babies. The baby's great aunt (degree in early childhood development) was in another state and when she came here for the funeral, we found out this baby was at high risk for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and we hadn't even known it.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

All of us mothers, grandmothers, aunts and sisters share your grief....... The worst pain on this earth is to bury a child. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and may God grant you and your family the strength to carry on...

S
S
God Bless you and your family Marietta. Losing a family member is a hard loss to deal with. I lost my big brother in a tragic logging accident 10 years ago and the pain was so fierce. I know for some putting your hearts in God's hands at a time such as this is difficult because we think how can he let something such as this happen. We just have to believe that he has a much better reason for calling these souls that we love so much back home. Your pain will ease but as you see will never completely go away because we loved them so dearly during the time that we were blessed enough to have them with us. You are in my prayers and let yourself feel the hugs and love which we here on this board are sending to you.

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers. All of this got the best of me and I wound up in the hospital for a couple of days. I'm drained and wish I could come to Belize and just sleep for days and days and days.

Going back to bed...

Marietta

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.