Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#133524 12/31/00 04:54 PM
OP Offline
Hey Chooch,

Are you home yet? You picked a good week to get out of the US. How was CBV? Did you get the Rinehart suite? One of the best, I hear...tee hee.

I heard that the beach is looking pretty good. What did you think? How is the bird sanctuary next door? The people perch up yet?

Did you get the sausage in? Hope so.

Did you see any dolphins?

Man, I have alot of questions, don't I? Can't help but think of Belize when we've got a foot of snow and 10 degrees out!

Happy new year, everyone!

#133525 12/31/00 06:35 PM
Ruth,
Got in at 2 am last night and still trying to clear the cobwebs. CBV is in great shape, but you MUST have Linda show the pictures of the property after the storm. What she and Herm have done is quite remarkable (In fact what the whole town has done so far is amazing) Unit 1 as usual, the kids in #2. The bird tower is up but we saw none brave enough to scale it.

As soon we recover i'll give more details..to include:

**Flying into SP after dark and in the rain.

**The relentless attack of the killer sand flies on the kids.

*****The now routine "document check" by SP's finest, Friday evenings, downtown. Which although ordained as "non-denominational", targets the tourists by the very virtue of the way it is conducted.(I'll have a LOT more to say about that BULLSHIT! A whole lot more.)

The weather was perfect (it had rained for four days prior), the diving is good, and the fishing great. (Aren't you glad we don't stink up #3 with the cooking?)

Have a happy New Year.

CC

[This message has been edited by CHOOCHOO (edited 12-31-2000).]

#133526 12/31/00 07:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
glad you had a nice trip, friend. sorry you got the bugs again. brutal in august. didnt your kids try the baby oil thing? i hear it works for the no see ums.

happy new year to both you and swmbo, send her my regards. well, frank has a date with an "open bar", i should get going. love, jane

#133527 01/01/01 08:10 AM
what'ssss uuup?? with the non-denominational thing on fridays???

#133528 01/02/01 12:17 PM
Ruth---Augusto was very busy trying to get that grill clean. (loved the story about the grill and meat duties) Told me he'd been working on it for weeks. Saw no dolphins (I think they are kidding us). The adult children got sand fly bites so bad that they had allergic reactions and we had to take them to the doctor (a unique experience as always). However, we now know what do prior to going to prevent the situation. It doesn't bother SWMBO or me (the Doctor say we were "oily" and probably had sour blood. Hmmmm?)

Rick&Cheri----decided to keep my own counsel on the "traffic solution". Some things are better left to take care of themselves.

BTW---adequate supplies of Blue Curacao were and can still be found on the island. Bombs away!

PS-Ruth---have e-mail address?

#133529 01/02/01 02:39 PM
S
S
CHOO CHOO: Sorry you missed the dolphins! They just returned from Rio Dulce and are playing off the end of Caribbean Villas dock... as always.

#133530 01/02/01 04:23 PM
OP Offline
Choochoo,

So what did the doc say to do before you get there to take care of the sandfleas? We have never had a problem with them in San Pedro...but there's always a first time. Would appreciate the tip.

I'll bet Augusto was cleaning up that grill...however...a small price to pay for the many tasty BBQ treats the chef shared with him.

#133531 01/02/01 06:44 PM
Choo Choo,
Sorry about the bugs!!! Damned shame. Hope kiddos are well now...... But all in all you had a good time???

Had to laugh at myself. Was at the liqour store buying New Year's "stuff" and noticed a bottle of your blue curacou. (sp?) I asked to see it and made the stupid comment that I thought the blue stuff was coconut flavored....... Why.. I have no idea. I was so surprised that it was citrus... Blue citrus???? Gave a whole new perspective on the blue drink. I like the citrus idea much better, just seems like such an odd color. Thought of you...... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

What's the scoop on being asked for papers? Do tourists have to carry passports on their person now??? What reasoning? If any......anxious to hear.
Debbie

#133532 01/02/01 07:32 PM
Jesse--the only thing more elusive than the dolphins last week would have been you. Can't say I blame you, although I thought for sure the "lo-cal" pork jambalyla Thursday night would flush you out. (Hell, it even got Woody out into the evening)

Ruth--we never have a problem, but the "kiddies" did. The doctor and several others said that taking vitamin B complex 7-8 days prior will stave off the heavy attacks. Take two pills a day. Turns the blood sour, and gives you a slightly sulphuric smell. Yummmmm! ()They even have B injections available at the local pharmacies for those opposed to taking pills.) I have had at least six independent varifications of same in the last week.

Debbie--we had a great time as usual. The flight in, in the rain and dark, was a bit "twilight zone"to say the least. No passport check, just a drivers license check on Front Street Friday nights. I respectfully remain mute on the issue. It will take care of itself.

Yup, the blue stuff is orange based. Gives new meaning to getting the daily requirements of vitamin C.

CC

#133533 01/02/01 09:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
choochoo, was thinking of you new years eve: so many amazing examples of spillage from my friends, it would have brought a tear to your eye!

my favorite is when someone goes to put a drink down and misses the table completely! splat!! one guy was so good at dancing with a full drink (without spilling) i was really impressed. you could tell he spent years practicing.

here's a mental picture: it is 3AM, a post-party party, my one friend is gingerly toting a tray of full champagne glasses (wearing a beautiful white evening gown). as i watch, my other friend (very attractive, and in her flannel pajamas) bends down to get the ping pong ball (dont ask), stands up and KABOOM, knocks the tray with her head - champagne and glass flying everywhere; without skipping a beat, terry picks up the broken glass and refills the rest. now that is a finale.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 150 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.