Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#133896 01/21/01 05:42 PM
OP Offline
We'll be staying in Placencia for a few days then on to Ambergris for a few more. Has anyone done the resort diving and any ideas on which place would be the better of the two? We're first time divers!!!

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
#133897 01/21/01 06:34 PM
B
B
san pedro, everything that is worth doing in belize can be done from this one island. The reef is only five mins away for wonderful diving, snorkeling, fishing, jet ski you name it. and if you would like to try the blue hole or turneffe or an ovenite trip that is also a good idea.

#133898 01/22/01 02:10 AM
K
K
Hi,
I am a scuba instructor and recommend doing your resort dive with a reputable dive shop. Of course, even better would be to get certified before you go (if there is time). I am not that familiar with the shops in Placencia, I'm sure there are some good ones, but know definitely that there are many good ones in San Pedro. I would be glad to recommend some to you.
The diving in Placencia is excellent, though the boat ride to the reef is much farther. Diving in San Pedro is good, the reef is much closer. I think for the resort dive you will probably be taken to Hol Can off of Ambergris. It is a protected area and filled with fish life. Be sure you snorkel at Shark/Ray Alley, it is fabulous. I live outside of Pittsburgh now but did live in Belize for 5 years. For a list of dive shops I know of and trust, feel free to email me at:
[email protected]

Karen Pasquariello
#133899 01/22/01 01:32 PM
Call a local dive shop in your area and find out if you have time to do at least the book work before you go to Belize. Then, when you get there your dives will be the check-out dives that make you a certified diver. You will also be much more relaxed because you will be familiar with the equipment and bouyancy. The resort course is fine if you really don't have the time though.
Amigos Del Mar on AC does a great job. They start you out with an instructional video, then you get into shallow water to learn how to use the equipment. You stay in waist high water until you're comfortable. You'll probably go to Hol Chan marine reserve and perhaps do another dive in the afternoon.
It's an incredible experience.
Good luck to both of you and have fun!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.