Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Debbie Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay,
Once and for all. Where EXACTLY is the BC BBQ and what does "BC" stand for? I've heard so many talk about it, and would like to have my birthday there. It's on Sunday afternoon. Last year when we arrived, we asked about the beach BBQ and nobody seemed to know what I was talking about. We were directed to one that was held at night, on a Wednesday I believe, and now know that was not the right one. It was in front of the Holiday Hotel if my memory serves me correctly. It was okay, but not very lively. Can any of you help?
Debbie

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 02-27-2001).]

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
deb, you know i was there, why didnt you ask me?? it is right north of ramon's, between there & sunbreeze. bruce & charlene's, i think choochoo said (b&c). it is just like a palapa bar & they bbq out back behind it. there was a medium-sized white sign used to say the name, on the beach. mystery solved, by Jane, P.I.

Debbie Offline OP
OP Offline
By george, my dear Watson, I think you've got it!!!! Okay. Now I'm on the right track. Thanks Jane. Don't know why I didn't ask. Didn't occur to me at the moment. But thanks!!!! Any other info about it? Cost of BBQ, exact time it's open, is there a Palapa bar still standing? Mixed drinks? Blue drinks? (choo choo??) etc. etc. Basically.... Is it a good place for a party? Opinions?
Oh!!! And where could we get a birthday cake on a Sunday? We arrive Saturday afternoon...
Debbie

M
M
Deb! I am glad you where asking this because I had no idea where the BBQ was either. I only knew of the Lions Club BBQ on Saturday night where all the local folks go and I would love to meet lots of locals/expats etc.
I also heard of a nice BBQ at Ramon's but I am sure that was not the one you where looking for right?

D
D
Palapa is the place to be after the BBQ at BC's. Even Bruce gives up the grill and comes by late afternoon. Every Sunday the whole local gang is there. Casey runs a great party. Duh....

Debbie,
The cost of the BBQ is between $9-$13 US depending on the combination of yummies. It starts at 11 a.m. and goes to about 3 p.m. BC's would definitely be a great place for a party, as well as the Palapa (a short distance north of the cut). BC's is more central but the Palapa is...oh boy, you will just have to see for yourself. Either will accomodate your requirement for adult beverages in large quantities should one so desire. (Both have been known to provide alcoholic provisions in "funny" colors.)

We have obtained birthday cakes three times in the past couple years. Charlene has each time managed to provide the infamous "Better than Sex Cake" through one of her lady friends. (Approx $22 US) I'm not sure if she can do so this time but it's worth a try. Word of caution..it is desirable to have some sort of refrigeration for same. It will take days to finish it, but you WILL finish it. It is MOST important to return the cake pan...such things are expensive to replace. You might want to give Char a note regarding the cake at [email protected]

Thursday evening at BC's is worth the trip also. This is when Art (endearingly "Coonass") does his Cajun cookin'thing. $7-$11US and the food is only part of the entertainment. Starts around 5-5:30 p.m.

Give Char a hug for Mrs CC (SWMBO) if you see her, and tell we'll be there for two weeks the 26th.

CC

(Ooops. Forget the hug thing, I just saw you are going in June not this weekend.)

[This message has been edited by CHOOCHOO (edited 02-28-2001).]

M
M
Debbie, when is your birthday?? Mine is June 10!

Debbie Offline OP
OP Offline
Micshe,
Mine is June 10th also!!!!!!! Greetings to a fellow Gemini!

Chooch. As usual, thanks for the info. You're the best at this..... The cake advice is perfect. That will be wonderful. I will email her about it. Sure wish you were going to be there......
Debbie

M
M
BC's for BBQ and than Palapa Bar for blue drinks. Sounds great! I can't wait to meet everyone. This will be so much fun.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 159 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.