Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#134745 03/19/01 02:23 PM
One thing is for sure, we are a bunch of colorful posters here. I have found this thread most interesting, giving great insight of the visitors to Ambergris. Also proving we are caring loving people, and that is a good thing. I have read this board for along time, and have found that it is wonderful that the visitors, new locals and Belizeans have a common thread, of being exceptional human beings. Great display of LOVE.

Dare To Deviate
#134746 03/19/01 02:59 PM
M
M
Here I go again . . . we are mixing apples and oranges. Tourists are visitors and can not be expected to spend two weeks every so often in San Pedro and suddenly understand how Belizeans live. This is a message board for tourists. Period. It's beautiful on Ambergris, so please come often. And bring your family, friends and US $$$. (Didn't think I'd get through an entire post without THAT didya?)

#134747 03/19/01 08:36 PM
C
checker Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Well I sure got a variety of responses. Some I was glad to see especially the ones that have some interaction with the local people. I just thought that when you guys went on about the people that you were talking about the local people. Did not realise that alot of you did not have much contact with the locals other than a service one.Your right MA there is a big difference between a tourist, but from the sign on screen these are people that regularly go to San Pedro. Evidently some of you were insulted by the question. Well better to ask than live your life in ignorance.
Hey I also have traveled to many parts of the world and I have gone to visit the local stores, schools and hospitals. I awlsays try to go and visit a local person in their home just to see what it is like.
Seems to me that AC might not be the right area of Belize for me. More into culture than tourist.
Anyway thanks for the replies.

#134748 03/19/01 08:36 PM
C
checker Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Well I sure got a variety of responses. Some I was glad to see especially the ones that have some interaction with the local people. I just thought that when you guys went on about the people that you were talking about the local people. Did not realise that alot of you did not have much contact with the locals other than a service one.Your right MA there is a big difference between a tourist, but from the sign on screen these are people that regularly go to San Pedro. Evidently some of you were insulted by the question. Well better to ask than live your life in ignorance.
Hey I also have traveled to many parts of the world and I have gone to visit the local stores, schools and hospitals. I awlsays try to go and visit a local person in their home just to see what it is like.
Seems to me that AC might not be the right area of Belize for me. More into culture than tourist.
Anyway thanks for the replies.

#134749 03/21/01 12:34 PM
D
D
Hi.....
I just wanted to say that after reading the posts from those who live or frequent here, I am even more in love with this place! I have been searching and reading all that I can about Belize for the last 2 months in hopes of visiting, and making this my second place of residence (not that I could afford to, but I'll dream!). I am not a tourist frolicker; I would rather be a part of permanence of a place, and see the real life instead of the tourist side. I am very interested in the home stay programs that Frank mentioned. Thank you all for your posts and information.......diann
I'd really be interested in talking with you Frank, being that I am from the Parker area just north of you, and would appreciate any info/experiences you have and especially any info on the least expensive ways to travel here. Please contact me if you have the time... thanks!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.