Next Thread
Print Thread
#134871 03/22/01 03:28 AM
S
smooey Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi guys,

I am a 21 year old student. My friends and I will be graduating this coming May, and before we all go off to our respective jobs, we would like to go somewhere and relax for about 2 weeks. We came across Belize, and would just like some help. We also are prospecting Costa Rica, and so far it seems that Costa Rica may be cheaper. We aren't exactly looking for parties, the main things we are looking for is relaxation, surfing, fishing, snorkeling, good inexpensive food. But the reason I am posting here is because it is extrememly difficult to find lodging information online about lodging prices and was wondering if anyone reading here could provide some assistance. So far in Costa Rica we are looking at lodging costs of about 450-500 per week and this is a rental so the 3-6 of will definately fit. If anyone here could possible offer any help at all in housing for Belize, it would be much appreciated. I would even go so far to say that I would treat you to a meal if we could meet. [Linked Image] Thanks to any help in advance.

Smooey

#134872 03/22/01 10:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
not to be obvious or anything, but did you check out the "lodgings" section of the board? (see above.) there are tons of places in all price ranges. eat local and it will be quite cheap. there is no surfing on AC. the reef keeps the waves back, but it would be the best snorkeling of your life. realxing? no problem there. pull up a lounge chair & grab a belikin, friend!

#134873 03/22/01 02:54 PM
Jane gave you good info.
I have been to Costa Rica, and will now always only go back to Belize. Costa Rica is ok, but Belize it BETTER.

Dare To Deviate
#134874 03/22/01 05:50 PM
M
M
Belize is the best but there is no good Surfing besides Windsurfing. The waves are breaking outside the Reef and some look good enough to be surfed but the shallow Reef would ripp you into shreds. If you want good surfing Costa Rica will be better. It depends what you are looking for. In the past my Surfer husband never wanted to travel to a Beach without surfing waves but now he is hooked on the underwater world. Encountering a big Barracuda or Reef Shark gives you a good rush as well.

#134875 03/26/01 03:52 AM
S
S
thanks guys,

I think we're leaning towards Belize overall for now. One of my friends is wondering whether or not crime is bad in Belize also. And I have looked into some lodging places, and some seem pretty good. I'm really jazzed about this trip now after looking at the things available there!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.