Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#135246 04/12/01 11:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
ok, guys. it is official. i am NOT going to bz in june.

gonna take lotsa long weekends with the kids this year instead. since i haven't actually earned a paycheck in 7 years, his decisions tend to win out. have fun without ME, and make sure someone toasts me with a cane juice & pineapple. be kind, don't rub it in.

one good note: hubby says next year. anyone have a trip booked for next spring yet?

I am so sorry to hear that Jane. But this gives you an entire year to make plans, talk about it and recruit friends to join you. Heck, next year... I might even be able to make it! SO when we going?

Uh oh, Frank. Hmmmm, I think he'll be spending more on flowers the next few months than the airfare would have been.

S
S
Excuse Me? Haven't earned a paycheck in 7 years? I'm sure we've all heard this before, but just exactly how much does he think he would have to pay for a (here goes) chauffer, maid, cheff, seamstress,counselor, coach, playmate, designer, accountant, laundry service, hooker (ok, my husband says a hooker might be cheeper) etc, etc etc!! Alright, I'll get down off my soap box now, but things like that just kinda get me riled up. I stayed home with my daughters till they were in 1st & 2nd grade and then I had to get a job, I was going stir crazy at home. It takes a lot to be a stay at home mom I don't think some realize how much you give up by doing this. Not saying it isn't worth it, because it is and it's worth a whole hell of a lot! Not saying Frank is like this Jane, but don't say that you haven't earned a paycheck in 7 years because you certainly have! And because you stay home your children and husband are reaping the benefits. And you probably deserve a vacation more than most!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i get a lot of flack for saying stuff like that, but he is very good to me. i buy what i want, when i want. he just ordered me two GORGEOUS leather sofas, that i picked out ($6000). he also offered me a weekend away by myself to a spa to make up for it.

and, he took me last year and he did offer to take me next year. and he bought me this beautiful house i hang out in all day. and ya know what, half the time i don't even have anything for dinner. he will quietly make himself a tuna sandwhich when he gets home. he sits for the kids every thursday so i can play volleyball all night. he also takes them out each weekend so i can get some private time.

and remember gals, he cooks too. best of all, he tells me he loves me every single day. in some ways our views may seem old-fashioned, but i think i'll keep him. he's tough, but fair.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
eewwww. i sounded old!

oh, denny, i am flexible next year. what works for you?!

M
M
My Jane you sure sound like a liberated woman. Any shot of you burning your bra there Gloria?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
it is replies like that that are making me consider leaving the board.

S
S
I didn't mean for you to take offense to what I said Jane. That's why I said "Not saying Frank is this way". It's just that I have some housewife friends who.....how should I say this, should be more respected for what they have chosen to do. Just don't want someone taking a bad rap for being "just a housewife". So if I did offend, I'm sorry.

I think I understand what Sunkissed meant. However, I also understand that people aren't made of money who can go on a fairly expensive vacation to Belize at the drop of a hat. The airfare alone is a small fortune.

Sure Jane you are disappointed but you have your head screwed on right... you very nicely listed the things you DO HAVE... and in this day and age it is really admirable that a woman, if she chooses, does not have to work to help make ends meet and stays home to manage the house.

And to other people, please do not misinterpret Jane's remarks as bitching... I don't even really know her and I can tell it was minor disappointed but she was not bitching about her life by a long shot.

But Jane... seriously... I still have "friends" in South Philly if you should want Frank, that cheapsake bumped off... laugh

Go with the flow sweetie...

[This message has been edited by Denny Shane (edited 04-12-2001).]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.