Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
Please Help! We have it narrowed down to these 3 Lodges and can't make a decision. Which one has the most beautiful nature setting, nicest cabanas and best food?

No one place has the best in all the categories you ask about:

Chaa Creek has by far the nicest cabanas especially their newer garden suites. The regular cabanas are duplex units and sometimes you can hear your neighbors.

Best food? That really depends on when you're there and who's cooking. All are good most of the time, not gourmet but well-prepared and filling. But I'd probably say Ian Anderson's..

Setting? Another tough question. Chaa Creek has by far the nicest grounds (manicured, well-maintained, large staff takes there care of them), but Ian Anderson's and Pook's Hill have more of a "real jungle" setting.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
M
OP Offline
M
Lan! Thank you so much for all your great info. Ian Anderson's will be featured on Temptation Island and we will make sure we watch it and make a decision after that. Okay, at least now I narrowed it down to Pook's Hill and Ian's because we want it real Jungly.

K
K
Speaking of Temptation Island, does anyone know where "off the coast of Belize" they did the coastal shoots? To tell you the truth, I will only tune into this show to catch some glimpses of Belize before we go next month...it's pretty bad in my view...

K
K
Munichchick--no one mentioned to you so far that I can see that Chaa Creek has a "jungle camp" lodge that is one mile away from the main resort. They call it "luxury camping" cause you sleep in perma-tents that are up on stilts. It''s apparently right by the river and lit by kerosene lamps. Bathroom facilities not far away, but they are definitely not in your tent! The charge is all-inclusive for the "tent" and two meals. We are staying there next month and think it should be great fun. We also wanted "jungly", so we'll see!!

Chaa Creek's safari camp used to have "real" tents on permanent platforms, but they got rid of the tents and now have little "cabinettes" on the platforms. Better, I think. And the food at the camp is very good.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine

Lan Sluder/Belize First
Does one bring their own sleeping bags/beds or are they provided?

You don't need to bring anything -- it's all provided. You are supposed to help out with cleaning the dishes after meals.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
M
OP Offline
M
The Safari Camp sounds great but I don't want to do dishes on vacation especially not if I am a paying guest.

F
F
Temptation Island was filmed on Ambergris Caye, the girls at Mata Chica and the guys at Captains Morgans, or something like that

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.