Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#135959 05/11/01 12:35 PM
N
OP Offline
N
I am considering buying a home and business on AC however I have a family member who is gay. They have left home now but do come back to visit occasionally, so I need to know if they would have any problems visiting me on AC. It would affect whether I do buy a home as I do not want problems of family members not feeling able to visit me.

Thank you for any advice you can give and I hope to meet you all in person in the near future. Cheers Nick

#135960 05/11/01 01:34 PM
B
B
That is really a broad [no pun intended] question. IMAHO gay visitors will not feel unwelcome there. Is there a more specific question to be asked? Like nightlife or other opportunities geared towards gays and lesbians? I am unaware of any such activity, but I bet you've posted in a helpful area. What are you really concerned anout? Although Bze is pretty obscure, gay travel sites or books or magazines may help?

#135961 05/11/01 02:22 PM
We met a gay couple from Europe on our last visit and they didn't have any problems. Loved their trip completely.

Laura

- - -
"Everywhere I turn all the beauty just keeps shaking me." Amy Ray, World Falls
#135962 05/11/01 03:05 PM
M
M
Nick! What type of business will you be purchasing on AC if you don't mind me asking?

#135963 05/11/01 04:10 PM
P
P
Nick, I too met a gay couple from New York while in SP, and they were having a great time and did not seem to be having any problems. They were on one of the dives with me and my friend. They were renting a house on the other side of the cut, near Palapas and really loved their trip. My friend and I actually enjoy hanging out with gay guys as they are usually so much fun, and we were looking for a guy they call "SEXY EDDIE" in SP who lives there, but we never did find him. According to the description we were given of him, I am suprised we never saw him, but maybe next trip. As wonderful as the people are in SP, I cannot imagine anyone not being kind or accepting. Of course everywhere you have your few who are too simple minded, but all in all I can't imagine it would be a problem. I also know I did see more lesbians in SP than I probably saw gay guys, not that it makes any difference. Hope this helps a little. Good luck to you and your family. [Linked Image]
Punta Rebel Girl

Debbie, the Punta Girl
#135964 05/11/01 06:02 PM
we, too are moving and interested in buying a business...email us at [email protected] have only met a gay couple 1x in 6 trips..they were visiting...we know "sexy Eddie" he is a character and has no problem flaunting it!!LOL We know of a great business 4 sale right now!! Very interested C&R

#135965 05/11/01 06:23 PM
P
P
Rick and Cheri, I am soooooo jealous that you know who Sexy Eddie is. We were so dissapointed that we never got to meet him and see him. He must have been out of town because we went to all of his favorite places and I don't think he would be easy to miss based on what we were told. Well, that just gives us something more wonderful to look forward to next year when we go back. [Linked Image]
You gotta love the locals, every last colorful and unusal one of them.
Punta Rebel Girl

Debbie, the Punta Girl
#135966 05/11/01 08:13 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Thanks everyone for answering so quickly! I feel that AC will be OK for my brother to visit now. I am waiting for a settlement to come through before we visit and see what business we can buy into, I am thinking of rentals at the moment but if I get more money then maybe a small guesthouse or restaurant.

#135967 05/12/01 12:14 AM
either way, if done CORRECTLY, Would be a great ad-venture!! C

#135968 05/13/01 12:19 PM
Punta Rebel Girl
Sexy Eddie is actually a very nice guy. He is very colorful in his spandex, but just a sweet person. So friendly. He walked me and my sons part way home one evening. (He was a bit upset at the time. I think someone had hurt his feelings) He told the boys that "what ever they did, to do well in school, study hard and go to college if at all possible. And to keep their lives easy and simple, just like girls......" I don't know if any of you remember, but after the hurricane, last fall, he worked his ASS off helping people rebuild. He worked long hours for days on end. He was quite the hero. He's a jewel. Sorry you missed meeting him. My kids liked him.
Debbie

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 261 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.