Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#135973 05/11/01 08:24 PM
N
OP Offline
N
I am really grateful to all of you who answered my question, thanks again.

I am waiting for my ex employers to pay out for an accident at work I had before I move to AC. They have admitted it was their fauslt and I have seen their Dr's and the only thing left is for them to start offering me money.

Of course they could be silly and offer me next to nothing but I am hoping for enough to see me OK in AC. From what I can see of homes and houses to rent I think I can move there with as little as £150,000 but I am hoping for more then than that so it won't be as big a struggle to start.

I can't wait to come over and see the place for myself. I know it sounds funny but from what I have heard I have already decided to move there site unseen. Especially now I know how nice, friendly and helpful you all are.

Anyway I will be dropping in to this message board regularly as every time I see AC on the Web it makes it feel a lot closer. CAnt wait to say goodbye to dreary old London

#135974 05/11/01 11:29 PM
P
P
Nick, good luck to you. Remember all of these names on the board, so when you do live there, we can all come and show up on your door step for some Belikins. Hope all goes well with the settlement. You will love Belize, and if you don't, I will take your house for you and you can move here to Virginia. Okay? [Linked Image]
Punta Rebel Girl

Debbie, the Punta Girl
#135975 05/12/01 06:24 PM
i've got quite a few friends, there in England,,, stayed a while in Brighton, and almost bought a rest/club in south england, years ago..... we are looking for an investor to help us get a rest/bar on the island... we've got property now, and just cleared it and plan to start building our house, next yr. if now sooner... Give us an email, The last bloke I met in belize was from england.. he was the DJ for the military's radio... He now lives in s. hampton.. he is a hoot and we've become quite good friends.... We'll let us know... Thanks, Rick

#135976 05/14/01 07:33 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Hi all,
I was just browsing all the AC web pages again ( I do at least once a day), and I am getting really edgy waiting for the compensation offer to come.

The real downer is that I had my accident in Dec '99 but had to wait for the pain to become settled at a constant level before they would make any offers!!!

The good news is that I have seen the doctor but instead of it making me feel more optimistic for the future and able to make plans, it is doing the opposite!!

I know I want to move tO AC, and whatever anyone says you can fall in love with a place without actually seeing it. I suppose it is the same as any internet love affair [Linked Image]
I first found I loved Ambergris over a year ago when a friend showed it to me as a joke for my future. I thought that why should it be a joke!!

As soon as I get the cheque I will be on that beach drnking some Belikins with some of you guys. Hope to see you all in the not too distant future
Nick.

P.S:- It looks like I will be coming alone as I have just split with my partner [Linked Image]
But I know I will make a lot of friends when I come home.

#135977 05/18/01 04:22 PM
E
E
Nickwild:

Don't worry about too many things. It will all work out, and besides, it seems you are excited for a new start so you will find your way to AC one way or the other.

Cheers!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.