Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#136228 05/21/01 07:02 PM
P
P
Tori, you fit in just fine. Everyone fits in in San Pedro. Okay, maybe not uptight people who refuse to believe the simple life is where true happiness is found.
Let me ease your mind about the drinking part. When I went down to San Pedro in April, my girlfriend and I had every intention of drinking some while there. Only we don't like rum, the liquor of choice on most islands, so we bought some Vodka at the grocery store. Well, about our 2nd night there, my friend realized she should have had her little monthly visit from mother nature and it hadn't happened, so we went to the Medical Center and got her a pregnancy test so we could find out if she was pregnant. Well, she was so that put a quick end to her drinking. And being the good friend that I am, I gave it up for the rest of our vacation too so she would not feel like she was missing out on anything. Not being able to drink did not in any way ruin our vacation or make us feel like we were missing out. Quite the contrary, we woke up early every morning as the sun was rising, stood on our balcony not believing how beautiful this island is and how lucky we were we to have husbands who let us get away from my 4 kids and her 100 art students she teaches, for 8 glorious days. And at night, we were out there with the best of them, dancing, talking, mingleing and having so much fun, even though we were drinking fruit juices or Rum Punches minus the rum. You will have a wonderful time and please don't think this board is only about drinking in Belize. Belize has so much to offer and the alcohol is not any part of it, you get that anywhere and everywhere. The people of Belize are what's really intoxicating, and of course the pure beauty of the island itself. [Linked Image]
Punta Rebel Girl

Debbie, the Punta Girl
#136229 05/21/01 07:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
that's a good one, jim. or one just of personal experiences seen or felt there.

i know we get weird and silly on the gossip thread, but many of us are really just like tori. i don't drink either, maybe one sometimes, and i am 37. i certainly am not skinnydipping there, or pool hopping. it was one of the reasons i stayed up north last time. quiet.

but there are all kinds, and all wish to share what they want or express their friendships in their own ways.

good luck, and keep in touch, all!

#136230 05/21/01 07:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
oh, and regulars, please don't forget to help out the new folks on the AC thread. they still need your wonderful input.

#136231 05/21/01 07:26 PM
When I was in AC (returned May 14), I found myself drinking a whole lot less than I usually do on vacation. I enjoyed waking up early to watch the children walk to school and the dive shops begin to prepare for the day. My memories are filled with wonderful conversations with the people from the young man about 17 years old who explained why he thought it was in bad taste for women to wear shorts skirts to evening mass to a woman explaining how acupuncture has made a big difference in her life. I agree with Janeinpa, the people are very intoxicating and everyone can find their niche in Belize. You better Belize it!

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
#136232 05/21/01 09:35 PM
I'm with you. After about a month here everything seems to get repetitive. So, a while back I set up an egroup for people who live in Belize (at least part time) and those who want to live in Belize. Anyone is welcome to join us and contribute.
go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BELIZELOVERS

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#136233 05/21/01 10:20 PM
Scubaldy, do I have to sign up to get into the files to see Jude's diary? TIA

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#136234 05/21/01 10:31 PM
yes, my question also...couldn't get in??? our server is msn??? not very computer literate lol HELP Please remember that Judy's Diary is from Caye Caulker, not AC

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 05-21-2001).]

#136235 05/21/01 10:40 PM
how about it Marty??? This is a good idea for a thread...people living/moving to AC....would rather view it here on this board, makes it more convienent

#136236 05/21/01 11:57 PM
I realize that the diary is about Caye Caulker but I look forward to reading it anyway. I recently read Paget's Belize Journal and enjoyed it very much even though it was about experiencing Dangriga. These are the kinds of real life stories that help with perspective.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#136237 05/22/01 08:05 AM
Ok Folks...signed up for the other board...as Diver_Ax...so I'm there too...
Note to Marty: I'm still commited to this one....I'm not jumping ship...

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.