Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#136238 05/22/01 08:14 AM
I agree it's important that any new forum on living in Belize should have articles and opinions from the people living there or wanting to live there, including positive criticism about all areas of Belize, including AC.

Not all will settle on AC and there are many other geographical areas of Belize that healthy discussion would benefit.

I tend to think there would be more factual evidence and believability, if the posts from the expats or residents living there already, were the ones with the POSITIVE CRITICISM.

If you don't live there yet, how can you criticize the lifestyle or ways of doing things if you haven't experienced the problems associated with residency?

It could be a great tool for information about living in Belize, it's do and don'ts, it's good and bad points, it's best shopping places and the not so good shopping places for residents, the best and the not so good customs brokers and their fees, and the best or the no-no ways to cut through the red tape of government, and get things done.

BUT HAVING SAID ALL THAT... I THINK OPINIONS GOOD OR BAD SHOULD BE KEPT WITHIN THE BOUNDS OF GOOD TASTE AND MANNERS. Negativity for personal agendas, vendettas, or just for the fun of it, should not be tolerated, period!

This is my personal and positive opinion. I hope I have not offended any of our posters.

**Jim

[This message has been edited by Sandcrab (edited 05-22-2001).]

**Jim
#136239 05/22/01 11:01 AM
T
T
Hey everyone, especially Punta Rebel Girl, I loved hearing about the beauty, the adventure, the fun, the gentleness of Belize. Thanks for the kind words! Mmooooooaaaaaahhhh!

#136240 05/22/01 12:26 PM
L
L
I know Bill is down on A.C. until August. Had pleasure of meeting him. Nice guy and funny. Told him I was so envious of his lifestyle which allowed him to spend half a year in Belize.

#136241 05/22/01 01:57 PM
P
P
Tori, you are so welcome!!!! [Linked Image]
Hope you feel better about fitting in here. When is your trip again? I cannot wait to hear your story and how Belize touched you. Please don't hesitate to ask any more questions about the island. There are so many people on these boards that have San Pedro and all of Belize in their hearts, there is so much to learn.
Have a great day!!!
Punta Rebel Girl

Debbie, the Punta Girl
#136242 05/22/01 04:47 PM
????? The new thread would be really cool!! No feedback from the Yahoo site??

#136243 05/22/01 07:04 PM
My husband and I have a home in southern Belize, have made over 50 trips over a period of twelve years. I seldom post to this message board because every time you post anything negative about Belize everyone on this board is up in arms against you. Belize is a wonderful country, filled with a great group of people. However it does have it's flaws. It's obvious to me that on this board that there is not a free flow of information, some of the monitors are very quick to delete posts. Hey I wish that everyone could go to Belize have the same wonderful experiences that I have had but that is not the way the world turns. You have to be prepared to take the good with the bad. I just don't know if this board could adjust to looking at some of the serious problems that one encounters in Belize. Are you prepared for debates in the areas of crime, animal control, immigration,
duty, problems with living in Belize, employment, health care, fuel prices, electric prices. Even a simple question is capable of bringing such a variety of responses. For instance what if we were to have someone bring up the concerns of people regarding the development of timeshares in Belize. Now you are going to get an awful lot of differing opinions on this issue alone. Are the board monitors going to be able to handle the posts that will follow?
Now I would be the first to vote that you set up such a forum but just worried about the deletion of posts that don't give glowing reports of happenings in Belize.

Recent incidents that come to mind are the "Idaho divers" report, before that someone asked about "interaction with the locals". Those would just be two examples that I can remember.

[This message has been edited by kcbc (edited 05-22-2001).]

#136244 05/22/01 07:16 PM
S
S
This board is meant to be an aid to visitors to Ambergris Caye, not a debating board on Belize. Try http://www.belizeforum.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi
You'll find what you're looking for there.

#136245 05/23/01 11:42 AM
Hi kcbc,

Welcome back. I may not always agree with you or others, but that's life. I've found your posts on any board to be super-informative, timely, mature, and well thought out. You bring over 10 years of experience about visiting and living in Belize to this board.

My personal opinion is, "Thank you for your interest and involvement, and keep on posting...."

**Jim

[This message has been edited by Sandcrab (edited 05-23-2001).]

**Jim
#136246 05/23/01 11:58 AM
L
L
My personal opinion is that I enjoy reading about everyone's opinion. We are all very different and no one's opinion is more valid than any other's, just different. As I have said before, that is what makes the world such an interesting place!

Laurie

#136247 05/23/01 03:28 PM
The board is very informative, good information, lots of opinions on both sides. Why do so many of the threads turn into personal chats on a totally unrelated subject having absolutely nothing to do with the originator or anything else relevant though?

Just another opinion.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.