Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#136299 05/24/01 03:04 PM
You are special Punta Girl, you're no ordinary mommy or wife, you're the Punta Girl from San Pedro leading a wild and extraordinary life. Keep smiling.

#136300 05/24/01 03:12 PM
P
P
Thank you Becky!!!!! See what I mean, this board just makes you feel good. It is Cyber Belize.
Punta Rebel Girl

Debbie, the Punta Girl
#136301 05/24/01 03:19 PM
Hope you don't mind - had to post this email my boss sent me once. Hope you all don't mind, but I enjoyed it and I reread it often when I think I need to be heading somewhere specific. Read on and enjoy.

Tucked away in our subconscious is an idyllic vision. We see ourselves on a long trip that spans the continent. We are traveling by train. Out the window, we drink in the passing scene of cars on nearby highways, of children waving at a crossing, of cattle grazing on a distant hillside, of smoke pouring from a power plant, of row upon row of corn and wheat, of flatlands and valleys, of mountains and rolling hillsides, of city skylines and village halls. But uppermost in our minds is the final destination. On a certain day at a certain hour, we will pull into the station. Bands will be playing and flags waving. Once we get there, so many wonderful dreams will come true and the pieces will fit together like a completed jigsaw puzzle. How restlessly we pace the aisles, damning the minutes for loitering--waiting, waiting, waiting for the station. "When we reach the station, that will be it!" we cry. "When I'm 18." "When I buy a new 450 SL Mercedes Benz!" "When I put the last kid through college." "When I have paid off the mortgage!" "When I get a promotion." "When I reach the age of retirement, I shall live happily ever after!" Sooner or later, we must realize there is no station, no one place to arrive at, once and for all. The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out-distances us.

"Relish the moment" is a good motto to have and one I have been trying to keep in my sight since I've returned from San Pedro.

Hope this wasn't too long for you on the board and if it was sorry.

#136302 05/24/01 02:54 PM
Wow Becky.... that was really profound reading. That is definitely a keeper.

And on the lighter side... Jane? small? remember I told you anything over a mouthful is a waste!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 147 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.