Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13664 01/24/01 09:12 AM
H
heyjude Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I want to send some books to the CC Library.
Can anyone give me an email contact for the Librarian? Or have the librarian email me. [email protected] thanks, jude

#13665 01/24/01 07:26 PM
will find out....

#13666 01/24/01 08:00 PM
H
heyjude Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks, I'll appreciate it.

#13667 01/25/01 10:50 AM
B
B
Hey Jude,
A question was recently asked about donating supplies for the Caye Caulker school on another forum. I copied and pasted my reply below. I hope you can help out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My wife and I are traveling to belize in mid february and were hoping to take supplies to donate to the school at caye caulker. I am trying to find a phone number for the school or a teacher there or the principle perhaps, in order to get a list of the most useful things to bring.
------------------

IP: Logged

Gail
Member posted 01-23- 11:53 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Reggie,
I guess you know that Caye Caulker school received extensive damage during the hurricane as much of the roof blew off so everything inside got wet. I have a list of supplies that are needed at CC school from the principal, Mrs. Neldy Rosado. I am rranging for supplies to be provided to the school through my summer youth programs to Belize.
The list is as follows and is just as it was received from her:

Teacher's Edition, Pupils Text & Activity books for science, grades 1 - 8.
1. Discover Science
2. Health for Life

Math and Reading books with activities to help teachers plan activities to assist in the teaching of Mathematics and Reading (grades 1 - 8)

Coronamatic typewriter cartridge by Smith & Corona

Art and Craft supplies- pipe cleaners, felt, glue, scissors, paints, paint brushes, construction paper, glitter, glue guns, glue sticks, string beads, activity books

Sewing supplies - needles, thread, buttons, zippers, measuring tapes, pins

Cooking supplies (for cooking club) - needles, threads, buttons, zippers, measuring tapes, pins

For the library - education video tapes, audio tapes, story books.

Science posters - digestive, skeletal, muscular, Nervous, models of heart, eye, ear, plants, flowers, planetary charts, animals, rocks and soils, sound and light

Other supplies - staples and stapler,masking tape, rulers, velcro, crayons, Globes, ruled index cards (asst.sizes and colors), yard stick, blackboard rulers - yellow

Medical supplies for children ages 5-14
Peptobismol, Tylenol, Hydrogen peroxide, iodine, hydrocortisone cream, gauze, bandaids, cloth bandage (brown), eyedrops, eardrops

I also know that they need many more costly items such as a refrigerator for the teacher, 10 teachers desks, computer and supplies but were hesitant to aak for these because they wanted to put the needs of the children first.

I would urge all others that are visiting Caye Caulker to pick up items on this list and take it by the school.

Gail Bradley Miller
Sea Studies International & UnBelizeable Adventures

#13668 01/25/01 11:04 AM
H
heyjude Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks Gail, but I still want an email contact to see which things (of specific things I have to dispose of) they actually need. don't want to clog them with unwanted stuff. This is specifically my own book collection and a few travel videos so I think the library rather than the school would be interested. thanks, jude

#13669 01/28/01 04:04 PM
H
heyjude Offline OP
OP Offline
H
????

still need a contact
and time is getting short
have to get these books out of here.

#13670 01/29/01 05:46 PM
S
S
Heyjude,

I have some experience with what you want to do. The librarian on CC is Shirley Kayel. If you contact me directly, I will give you her email, as long as it's OK with her, which I'll check on today.

I'll bet she'll be glad to chat with you.

[email protected]

#13671 01/29/01 07:12 PM
H
heyjude Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks! j

#13672 01/31/01 12:54 AM
thanks from me too....

can't find carmelita's email address....

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day