Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
J
J
Where did you buy that lotion is it a sunscreen also? I am getting a few things here and there but I am actually a last minute packer. I guess that makes the days go quicker when you have nothing together and you are rushing to not forget anything and you leave in the morning. But according to everyone else we really do not need alot of things. who is everyone going with as you know I am going solo. Did the pirate go to sleep on us?

L
L
there will be three of us if everything goes ok( two comming from Ohio and 1 from Michigan) we range from late twenties to something over forty. all enjoy a good time and are counting the days

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
guys, i was there last august, and no jellyfish that we heard of. however, let me again stress the importance of bug spray in august. you may get lucky, but we didn't. bring it, and benedryl cream. zip locks are helpful, it is very humid. use them for film, money, cameras, wet shoes & suits upon return, and large ones for rum & hot sauce in the suitcase. my bottles of both leaked, but were easily contained. be prepared. and it is hot in august, bring a good brimmed hat and extra sunglasses in case you lose one. even if you are tanned, use spf 30 the first few days, and wear a t-shirt when snorkeling. enjoy!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
ps - sorry i realized i sound like such a mom. well, i am one. i guess i cant get away from it....

J
J
You do sound like mom, but thats okay when you traveling to thee unknown,everything is helpful.Thanks.littlewolf where is ohio are you or they coming from?

jane, it's cool to see you post as a mom ! These newbies do need to have some good advice on their items they take. Not to make any digs, but lots of them just think it a big party to go to and they forget that "Mr. Sun" is out there to get ya and CAN ruin a good time. I surely don't want to be ill on my trips to Belize !
Enjoy........

OP Offline
No, the pirate did not go to sleep on you....there was a concert to go to, grass to be mowed, golf balls to whack (hack?), and lots of beer to drink...hey, my weekend was full! [Linked Image]
I don't worry about what to pack...I just try to keep the wife from packing so much that I get a hernia carrying her bags!
Jackieo is right...i was afraid this thread was going to whither away before August! Keep it going!!Round up more travelers!!!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
ny - a funny note: on our '93 trip there, the last day we snorkeled. i remembered to wear a t-shirt, but neglected the sunscreen. i sat on the plane with the most sunburned BUTT you would ever care (or not) to see! ouch!

hey pirate - what concert did you see? not 'nsync with diann, i hope! ha! we went to see tomb raider. i thought it was really cool, and lara croft can kick ass! . she is so much like me, it is uncanny (just kidding, of course).

J
JMK Offline
J
I'm new to the board but have been reading up the past few days in anticipation of my first trip to AC. I'll be there August 4th-12th along with my boyfriend. I'm from NYC and he's living in Palo Alto so we're really excited to spend some quality time together in what sounds like an amazing place. We both love to meet new people and I look forward to getting to know some of you!

L
L
JackieO, the stuff we bought has sun screen, comes in 15, 30 or without. Got it from web site NIDARIA.COM Don't know if it works, got info from couple of posts on this board, will see. JaneinPa- we live 35 min from you in Yardley,Pa. Are you going to AC in Aug. too? WE are going 3-10th, three of us(hubby and 15years old son)-first timers. Sound like you been in Belize few times.We traveled all over Caribbean islands but it is the first time to Central America, so we don't know what to expect from this trip.From all reports here-sound like fun place to visit.

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 154 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.