Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#137737 08/17/01 10:43 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Marty didn't pull my last post...I did.

Seems we can't post information on here without things getting personal and some folks getting their little feelings hurt. How does something like this turn into "us against them"?

Cripes!

#137738 08/17/01 10:50 AM
mossback: I replied to your message and it does not appear. I said the you made some very good points on how professionals in the diving industry can be of great value. And, I applaud you for that. I critized some of your earlier comments on the grounds I thought they were inappropriate. But, this latest message is right on tract. Let us not be unwilling to learn from experience, being good or bad experience, and be willing to go to the next step and ask the harder questions as to how we can learn from our experiences.

#137739 08/17/01 10:57 AM
mossback, I'm sorry that you pulled the thread. If I said anything that contributed to that, I think you must have misunderstood me. I was glad to see your post.

I know threads gets pulled around here and we don't always understand the reason for it. C'est la vie. Regardless, my point was let's all try to keep a good convo going, at least until a thread gets pulled.

If we all agreed all the time, then it would not be thought provoking discussion or a sharing of opinions. Therefore, my feeling is that we should just do the best we can for as long as we can. No harm in trying, IMNSHO.

[This message has been edited by seashell (edited 08-17-2001).]

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#137740 08/17/01 10:58 AM
bywarren, I'll ask again. Did you ever see my last note(s) to you before Marty's editing post was pulled?

#137741 08/17/01 01:44 PM
Just for the record. I like reading all the varying opinions. For those of us that don't have one (yet) or those who don't know much about it, I enjoy getting ALL the information and forming my own opinion. That's how people learn. On any subject....
I've been fascinated by all this, and appreciate it more than you know. I certainly know more than I did two weeks ago.
Debbie

#137742 08/17/01 01:49 PM
S
S
Mossback, I think it is a shame people wanted answers and when you gave them the answers they didn't like it. We were there and what you said was right on.

Thanks for your response however short lived it was.

#137743 08/17/01 01:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I seem to think they are trying to play ostrich and keep their heads in the sand. They do not want to let others read about what has happened there, they just want to bury it and hope it all goes away.

#137744 08/17/01 03:22 PM
Ha, ha, ha, I loved that line Marty. The one where you have yet to receive an email from anyone that is wrong or uninformed. Good to see you are keeping your sense of humor in spite of all this.

Well, we all do seem to be in a temper. Can we agree to calm down for a bit? We can take up diving safety another day, which I know is difficult for those of us that are passionate about diving. Please and let's forget about "conspiracy" theories. Quite ridiculous.

Marty has said it before, issues wax and wane, people come and go, tempers fade. So why don't we be the good people that we think we are and Belizeit for a bit?

Marty has one heck of job on his hands here. Or as I said to him in my email that was "perfectly right", that it must be kind of like herding cats. hee, hee

#137745 08/17/01 03:37 PM
F
F
I do have what I think is a constructive suggestion.

Sometimes it is good to take a subject, a "hot topic" or "hot topics" and make a place for it not in the main disscussion group, which in this case would be "About AC", and put it in a place of it's own somewhere.

I mean folks mostly, probably, come here for information about the island. Diving safety is not exactly about the island. On the other hand, AC being the diving destination it is, diving safety is a pertinent subject.

What I don't want to do myself, is in the process of talking about diving safety, somehow leave the impression that it is a subject unique to AC. It's not.

If one can say that the diving safety around AC can be improved, well, couldn't one say the same about just about anywhere?

So there ought to be a way to talk about it, and do so as a diver that favors AC over other locations and cares about it more then other places, without pickin on AC.

To that end I'm going to move my post about diving debth reccomendations to "General Interest" and do my best to keep anything I say on the subjet there. I'll try.

So I'm deleting my own post! Whee! ;-)

#137746 08/17/01 04:10 PM
I vented, played a li'l soccer, feel a lot better, and purged my rant. thanks for listening.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.