Next Thread
Print Thread
#138001 09/03/01 09:59 PM
G
Georg Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Good Day All,

I don't spend to much time on any message boards, yet here I look and find information that helps me dream of a new reality far from the USA...at least for part of each year.

Don't ask me why AC for all I can say it has been a dream for two years to just leave the states, the mainstream ideals. Shedding my corporate skin a few years back I've travled the US looking for that place where I can wake-up and smile for the last 2yrs. Where a clock has as much meaning as a car and can become completely unecessary, but concerns and questions plague me as I prepare to migrate with my girlfriend, best friend/wife/child. Each of us have Q&A and hopefully many of you can find the time to help us find the right way:

Rental possibilities for 2-5 that permit pets.

Should we drive with our belonging's from the states or ship & fly? And what will be our biggest concerns while driving.

Any concerns that we should have for my friends toddler and our pets. What vaccinations, paperwork, etc. should we make sure are taken care-of?

We will need to work and each of us bring many skills:

Stock broker/Bed & Breakfast management

Regional marketing manager in corporate techologies industry for 7yrs. Including real estate developement and funding.

16yrs guiding/instructing with over a decade of sea kayak guiding and operations/logistics.

Wilderness Paramedic and professional snowboarder.

We are seeking investment opportunities that will have easy access to all types of adventure with the comforts a higher end clientele would desire.

Any direction, names, or phones #'s (websites) of contact would help. Thanks and we'll see you in the sun soon.

Georg

#138002 09/04/01 08:28 AM
D
D
Georg!!!
Another Coloradoan..... wow... you've got to email me. There are a group of us here that, well, let's just say... have waaaay too much fun [Linked Image] (I'm going to your site and will email you there. We're not allowed to tell the reality of AC on this board [Linked Image]

Ok, so I haven't been there YET..... but many I know have, and I even know some that live there. It's an incredible piece of paradise, but even paradise has problems. So, I believe if you are informed, and made aware of situations that can and will happen, then you are a bit wiser and ahead of the game. Even from what I've been told from first hand experience, well, it won't stop me from visiting. But I'm glad to have heard and been made aware. Because then the choice becomes mine, and I'm not left in a delusional state wondering if this was the same AC so talked about......
You will read many a times on this board that you should visit for as long as you possibly can; read into that!!! But ~ ~ I'm pretty sure, after all is said and done, you will still want to make AC/Paradise your home.

[This message has been edited by diann (edited 09-04-2001).]

#138003 09/04/01 09:46 AM
Georg...you already live in a piece of paradise most of us only dream about!

Visiting AC and living there are two entirely different things. As much as I loved it there, I will say this...AC ain't for everyone. What kills me is the number of people that are willing to invest, buy, or move there without having ever been to the island, they just fall in love with what is said on this board. Well, you didn't say if you've been to AC before, have you?

What you are offering is more competition to the local businesses, in what I and some others have viewed as a somewhat overcrowded situation already. There is a ton of development going on there, so I am sure you can find something to sink your money into. Your money is welcomed there, but you may not be. It all depends on how you approach the island and present yourself there.

#138004 09/04/01 10:13 AM
M
M

#138005 09/04/01 02:14 PM
F
F
not much calling for snowboarders......

pro or amatuer

this meesage created by 100% recycled electrons
#138006 09/04/01 08:08 PM
Georg.....you CANNOT just move there and work......there are WORK PERMITS to obtain....time consuming, $$$$....residency permits.....my friend, you have a lot of researching to do....and we suggest MANY trips, without solid relationships there, you cannot survive! And yes, concerns for a toddler and pets....CROCODILES!!!! They love dogs!!! Do some homework...PLEASE!!!! We've been going every 6 months since 98...if it were that easy, we would already be there!! And basically carry the same skills as ya'll...except the snowboardeing!! LOL

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 09-04-2001).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.