Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#138338 09/12/01 11:17 PM
OP Offline
I'm posting this for my wife, who has a gift of writing prayers, I hope you all like it.. Rick

Dear God and the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ.. Arch Angels and lightworkers, we call upon you in our time of need to give us strength and courage, as well as hope and comfort in this horrific incident drawn to us.. May you remind us to be humble and to search for comfort and warmth thru your love.. We know you cry tears for us all.. your children.. May you comfort everyone touched by the situation and go into the hearts of everyone, even those responsible, and allow you love and light to start a spark that may lead to oneness with you.. For truly if we realized.. All of humanity could just realize.. that there is only on true father of us all, making us one with each other, all races, colors, religions, were created from One.... You, our God, have pity on us and forgive us and help us to forgive those who intentionally hurt us, for " They know not what the do", for surely they draw suffering and sadness to themselves as much as they cause to others.. Forgive us dear God, for not loving each other the way you had hoped.. Please guide us in our words, actions, and in our emotions from this day forward and speak loudly to those who do not know who you truly are.... Love... Please shine your bright light all over this beautiful earth you have created for us and may our own internal spirits rise forth and remid us all of compassion, an understanding, forgiveness, remove human kinds hatered in our hearts and cleanse us of all negativity.. Dear God, forgive us all for the damage we have done in abusing your free will... Hold tight to ALL your children and keep us strong as well as compassionate and to those filled with loathing and hatred, may you cleanse their hearts.... We pray this in God's and Jesus Christ's beautiful name... so be it.... Thank you.....

Written by Cheri

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 09-12-2001).]

#138339 09/13/01 01:06 AM
S
S
Beautiful...I hope you don't mind if I forward this to friends and family.

Peace, Susan

#138340 09/13/01 07:42 AM
OP Offline
Yes Shay...forward it to EVERYBODY!! For that is the way a "prayer Chain" works....there is MUCH power in MANY!!! Peace/Love, C

#138341 09/13/01 10:19 AM
Amen.

#138342 09/13/01 06:45 PM
OP Offline
A candlelight vigil will be held at 7pm tomorrow night...stop wherever you are and light a candle to show unity among our people, reciting this prayer couldn't hurt either!!!!

#138343 09/13/01 08:49 PM
OP Offline
Florian....I guess people REALLY don't want to hear this.....as you said in reply on "letter to terroist".......It IS a WORLDWIDE Tragedy for Human Beings.....C

#138344 09/13/01 08:59 PM
F
F
Cheri, no, no, not for me, I think what you say should be said, and that time will only enhance it's truth. Folks are just real mad right now.

Keep saying what you beleive. I, for one of many, I'm sure, want you just the way you are. Just give the anger time.

It's good, I think, for those of us that have nothing more then angry words and shaken fists, which is most of us, to at least feel that in some small way we have at least given those to the enemy.

If you don't mind I'll move my prayer post here.

[This message has been edited by Florian (edited 09-13-2001).]

#138345 09/13/01 09:04 PM
F
F
I always knew I was a good firefighter and a better medic and that I worked with a good crew ... but I always looked up to NYFD, always respected that they were special. In a class I could only aspire to.
There are many 'Fireman's Prayers'. This is the one that has always been special to me.

-------------------

Dear God, our Merciful Father, Lord of Heaven and of Earth,

Through the intercession of our patron, Saint Florian, have mercy on the souls of our comrades who have made the supreme sacrifice in the performance of their duty, and on all who have gone before us after years of faithful discharge of their responsibilities, which now rest on ourselves.

Give us Grace to prepare each day for our own summons to Thy tribunal of justice. Into Thy hands O Lord, I commend my spirit. Withersoever Thou callest me, I am ready to go.

Merciful Father of us all, save me from bodily harm, if it be Thy will, but above all, help me to be loyal and true, respectful and honorable, obedient and valiant. Thus fortified by virtue, I shall have no fear, for I shall then belong to Thee, and shall never be separated from Thee.

Amen

--------------------

Uh, listen, about the name ... yeah, that is where I got it. It's just a name, a fairly common German name. Absoluty no pretense on my part was ever meant. I just admire Florian of Munich. He was quite a guy.

#138346 09/13/01 09:27 PM
OP Offline
Florian...i think we just "clicked" LOL....I posted in another thread "maybe in another 2000 years".....My mom is from Germany...lived through WWII....came here at 26, married a military policeman.(that would be my dad....Ed) Have a cousin who is a policeman there, and an aunt and uncle....spent a little time there YEARS ago.....Thank you for understanding, it is kinda like my beacon in the night...perhaps a bit too deep for here????? ANY and ALL prayers are welcome here....your favorite is beautiful Peace/One Love,,,,,,C

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 09-13-2001).]

#138347 09/14/01 07:26 PM
OP Offline
See and hear this one http://www.yellow7.com/imagine/

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.