Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
OP Offline
Well, you hit the World Trade Center, but you missed America. You hit the Pentagon, but you
missed America. You used helpless American bodies, to take out other American bodies, but like
a poor marksman, you STILL missed America.

Why? Because of something you guys will never understand. America isn't about a building or
two, not about financial centers, not about military centers, America isn't about a place, America
isn't even about a bunch of bodies. America is about an IDEA. An idea, that you can go
someplace where you can earn as much as you can figure out how to, live for the most part, like
you envisioned living, and pursue Happiness. (No guarantees that you'll reach it, but you can sure
try!)

If you're free enough.

Yeah, we're fat, sloppy, easy-going goofs most of the time. That's an unfortunate image to project
to the world, but it comes of feeling free and easy about the world you live in. It's unfortunate too,
because people start to forget that when you attack Americans, they tend to fight like a cornered
badger. The first we knew of the War of 1812, was when England burned Washington D.C. to
the ground. Didn't turn out like England thought it was going to, and it's not going to turn out like
you think, either. Sorry, but you're not the first bully on our shores, just the most recent.

No Marquis of Queensbury rules for Americans, either. We were the FIRST and so far, only
country in the world to use nuclear weapons in anger. Horrific idea, nowadays? News for you
bucko, it was back then too, but we used it anyway. Only had two of them in the whole world and
we used 'em both. Grandpa Jones worked on the Manhattan Project. Told me once, that right up
until they threw the switch, the physicists were still arguing over whether the Uranium alone would
fission, or whether it would start a fissioning chain reaction that would eat everything. But they
threw the switch anyway, because we had a War to win. Does that tell you something about
American Resolve?

So who just declared War on us? It would be nice to point to some real estate, like the good old
days. Unfortunately, we're probably at war with random camps, in far-flung places. Who think
they're safe. Just like the Barbary Pirates did, IIRC. Better start sleeping with one eye open.

There's a spirit that tends to take over people who come to this country, looking for opportunity,
looking for liberty, looking for freedom. Even if they misuse it. The Marielistas that Castro emptied
out of his prisons, were overjoyed to find out how much freedom there was. First thing they did
when they hit our shores, was run out and buy guns. The ones that didn't end up dead, ended up
in prisons. It was a big PITA then (especially in south Florida), but you're only the newest PITA,
not the first.

You guys seem to be incapable of understanding that we don't live in America, America lives in
US! American Spirit is what it's called. And killing a few thousand of us, or a few million of us,
won't change it. Most of the time, it's a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of Spirit. Until we're crossed
in a cowardly manner, then it becomes an entirely different kind of Spirit.

Wait until you see what we do with that Spirit, this time.

Sleep tight, if you can. We're coming!

There is only one cure for baldness. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the guillotine.
Well Zeke,
You hit the nail on the head alright!
I'm sure that all Americans feel as you do.
These guys may have awakened that "sleeping dragon" again!
My prayers go out to all those folks in NYC!

OP Offline
One of my best friends in NY has a 12 year old just like me. His son came home from school and told his Dad that his friend's Dad did not come home from work. There is NOTHING sadder than that!

There is only one cure for baldness. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the guillotine.
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
zeke, very profound, my friend. and poignant. i know i would hate to be oth the receiving end of america's wrath. and we will be satisfied with no less than a severe ass-kicking.

but it is true, it is what is inside us. and when we pull together for freedom's sake, even with all of our cultural differences, i cannot help but think we are unstoppable.

but to your final thought, when frank finally got home on tuesday, steve ran to give him a hug. frank just quietly said "a lot of mommies and daddies won't be going home tonight". and hugged him tighter.

Zeke, I'm crying reading your post. Great thoughts. I'm with you, normally I'm not a violent person, but right about now it's time to kick some a-s-s. Sorry I feel this way, but I don't want to be in this fricking Sears Tower right now, don't like being scared at all. Hope somebody pays for their actions real soon.

Well said, my friend. Well said.

My sincere thanks ZEKE. My sentiments exactly. I have to go to Wal-Mart at lunch today, and have on my list of things to purchase, the biggest American flag I can find for the front of my house. (If there are any left) My son tells me that many seniors from his high school went and signed up for military service yesterday. And here we all thought our young people didn't have it in them to care anymore.......That they were desensitized by their music and media. Looks like it's time to give them more credit. Yes, you can bet we're gonna kick some ass......... The marquis on our local carwash was on the front page of our local paper. It said:
"God Bless America!" Now it's ass kickin time!"
Debbie

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i read today in my local paper that one of the pilots killed in the hijackings was from the county i live in, bucks county, PA. a married father of 2.

i am just numb.

L
L
I really like you post, Zeke. Very well put.

S
S
Thanks ZEKE, I've participated in a lot of "just" causes in my 58 years. I have been cursed and spit on for a lot of them, but I would go again if I were young enough!!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 288 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.