Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Y
ybon Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
on The isalnd? I just have one question, do I need to tip the person who does our ceremony? I think that this is an excepted practice but not sure!

T
T
Well, if that is what you are supposed to do, then shame on me! I did not tip the minister. I had no idea this was commonly done. Frankly, I didn't tip much at all. A little to the people at the hotel, but that's about it. I hope I wasn't perceived as rude!!

K
K
I have never been married on the island, however, I always tip for good service; wait staff, maid service, tour guides, especially since I always know I am coming back....

B
B
Ybon - I didn't tip the minnister.

And personally, I think tipping goes way overboard these days. And beleive me I have worked for tip for the past 10 years until about 6 mos. ago. But I also made $2.13/ hour, below minimum wage.

Personally, I think a sincere thank you is enough.

But that's just me...

K
K
What is the average hourly wage on the islands?

Y
ybon Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Thank you all for your response! I believe I will just give a Big Thank You. Any other tips for me, Wedding day is right around the corner!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
although i still look like i am 20 (ha!), i have been married 15 years. here is my advice:

learn to say you are sorry even when you are not. stand up when it matters, forget it if it doesn't. there are 1000 fights to pick every week; make sure you only pick the important ones. if you don't follow this, your life will be much harder. this applies when you have kids too.

best of luck!

T
T
Of course, I tipped our wait people, too. I'm not that cheap. However, I did not tip the wedding coordinator, photographer, or minister.
JaniePA: that's good advice all the way around! With friends and parents, too!
Ybon: when's the wedding? Coming up, isn't it? Did you decide where to stay/have the wedding? You'll love it! Just relax and have fun!

N
N
You have probably already gotten enough advice about the tipping thing, but I just wanted to throw in that I didn't tip the minister either. As for advice before the wedding, do something really fun the day of the wedding. My family and friends went exploring around the north end of the island so that I wouldn't run into Rod (although it's hard not to see someone on an island that small). Good luck! I know that everything will be wonderful and we will all be looking forward to pictures when you get back!

B
B
Ybon -
Will your family be there?
I know the tradition about not seeing each other the big day, but Bill and I just chilled with pina coladas all day. Our wedding was scheduled for 5:30, and we had decided to start getting ready at about 4:00, but at 4:00 we decided MORE PINA COLADAS!

The great thing about getting married on AC is that Iraida does everything. Put your trust in her, tell her to do whatever she thinks is best, because she is AWESOME at this, then RELAX! Get excited! Talk about what a great future with a great beginning y'all are going to have! Name your first born! Just enjoy the fact that you don't have to spend "your day" pullling out your hair over the little things! [Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.