Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Well.....where do I start???????????
God I could write a book right at this moment.
It's 4:51 a.m. and I am reading these posts for the first time. I've been trying to find out what was going on myself since Oct. 1st. I knew they wouldn't open....AGAIN....and that folks would be looking for info and answers.

I still haven't heard any "confirmed" info on exactly where things stand so I won't presume anything. Presuming and assuming has always gotten me in a lot of trouble.....LOL

The facts as I know them are:
1) This project began with a guy who had a vision....a great vision....with a perfect location. Anyone who has been there can atest to that.
2) The guy (Adam) sold lots of timeshare weeks and quarter shares....and for a year and half....sunk it all into building what you see on site today.
3) At some point....things went haywire....for many reasons....and the guy got in over his head. He dumped it and left....leaving a very disappointed and shell shocked friend (ME)....along with many dazed and confused owners.
4) At this point....a personal friend of his who had a sizable chunk of money invested in the project came to Belize to assess the posibility of finishing it. He decided to finish the project on his own.....with his own money....which I might add was not entirely liquid. It has taken great effort to keep things moving along up to this point.
I feel very bad for him at this moment that he sunk all he had into trying to rescue this project.....and for nothing. I admire his effort for trying to do the right thing in the worst of situations. I was afraid of this.
5) Gary Carlson arrived in San Pedro on May 26th to take over the managers position. I have personal issues with Gary but in his defense....he has done an incredible job cleaning up the enormous mess Adam left behind. If he has not responded....I'm sure it is because he is still waiting himself for answers as to what is going to happen.
For those of you that don't know....Gary was one of the very first buyers of a timeshare week at Basil Jones. He bought it off of Ebay for a ridiculous price when it was still just raw land. He followed the project and beleived in it from day one....so I'm sure his disappointment is right up there with the rest of the owners. Not to mention the fact that he sold everything and left the states to take this job. Where he will go and what he will do from this point is a huge delimma I'm sure.
6) RCI did have an affilliation with Basil Jones but I'm sure that was contingent on them opening by a certain date. As of July when I left.....that affiliation was in place. I don't know what happened past that point in terms of RCI.

I am very disappointed to see things come to this end. As most of you know....I spent almost 2 years of my life working and beleiving in this project. It wasn't just a job for me....it became a dream of mine. I saw it finished...with people staying there....eating in the restaurant....going out on dive boats...etc...etc. It was real for me. Then things went sour and I had to face reality and decide if I still wanted to stay with this failing project to the bitter end or count my losses and move on...chaulk it up to a huge learning experience. I was tired and emotionally worn out from constantly worrying about it and defending it in town and to the owners. With hurricane Keith and then the whole bit with Adam...I was emotionally wasted.
I chose to go back to the states and try and have a normal life.
I had a very difficult time dealing with the sudden disappearance of Adam. I'm still having difficulty with that to this day. He had become like a brother to me....and I had no idea what his plan was....I'm not sure if he even did until the last minute. When he left the first week of May....I think he knew he wouldn't be back...but I didn't have a clue....and after not hearing from him for 2 weeks...I still didn't want to beleive he wouldn't come back.
It blew me away that he would leave me in such a position....let alone not even saying goodbye after all we had been through together....very painful! It would have been easier if he had died....at least I could have had a funeral and dealt with it and moved on. This way....it's always there.
If your out there reading this Adam.....and I'm sure you are.....thanks a lot buddy!!!!
With friends like you....who needs enemies???
Enuff about that [Linked Image]

To all the owners....
I don't know what to say. Surely they will be contacting you at some point to let you know what your options are...and what their plans are. At least I would hope so.
I'm very sorry that this has happened.....and more sorry that the resort won't open. It would have been a paradise for sure. I've met a lot of really wonderful people during this whole thing...and had a lot of fun with them on our trips. I'm disappointed right along with you.
I miss being there....it was the one place where I could zone out and totally relax.

HELL....if I had the money....I'd buy it myself and finish it!!! Maybe you should all ban together and collectively own it?....I wonder if that's possible?
I was so hoping that Belize would open up to the timeshare industry. I know there are a lot of people who did not want to see that happen....and they have their reasons....some of which may be justified.
But it would have been nice to have just one good resort...a successful one....dedicated to timeshare owners for trade out.

Well...if anyone hears anything...post it.
I'm waiting just like the rest of you for word of what is going on. I too am getting no response from emails.

Tammy

A
A
Tammy, I do believe you went into this with the very best of intentions. I would like to see the owners pursue some kind of collective action--but one problem we have is that (aside from our small e-group) the owners are not in touch with one another. Could you email me, please? We've had several email dialogues in the past and I would like to get your advice on how to locate other people who bought from Adam.

[email protected]

Sandshaker, thank you for responding, I know you wrote the above thru tears and a heavy heart, early this morning.

Dare To Deviate
M
M
Tamy! I am glad you wrote this just when I thought you where a Crook just like Adam. Even so I feel like a got hit in the face by dishonesty and being very disappointed I still seem to find it possible to believe you. My husband Dean and I where not just owners but we also almost made the move to Belize. Adam had offered me a job at Basil Jones when it is open. You probably did not know this. But after checking things out we thought it would be better to buy a existing business on AC if we would make this big move. We decided against it but as you can see that also we saw the vision of Basil Jones the beautiful resort up north where we would spend many, happy affordable vacations over the years. I am very sad and I feel so bad for everyone that has been scamed and disapointed. Especially the sweet older couple that purchased the quater share. I hope they can get their money back. It hurts
being lied to by you, Adam and Gary! But I still wish you the best for your future.

OP Offline
I don't think I lied to you Andrea. I'd like for you to clarify that statement. I was kept in the dark by Mr. Chandler as you were.
It was a big slap in the face when it all hit the fan.
I know I just typed all that in the above post....or did I not make that clear???

I'm very sorry for this whole predicament....but it should be made clear that I was not a salesman for this resort....Adam saved that job all for himself.
He chose to have it that way so that all the control of the money remained in his possession....now I know why. Hell of a way to run an office.
You will not see my signature on any contract except as a witness to other signatures.

My job was to strictly keep an office open...pay the bills....when and if money was sent.....answer tons of email....do the website....work out details of construction with the builder...and take trips to the resort when owners and potential owners were present.
All of which I think I did a damn good job of considering the limited resources he gave me.

I was aware of the offer from Adam to you to work at the resort.....and your desire to move there. You were wise not to persue that as he never had anything concrete planned for you and Dean.
I'm glad that plan didn't work out for your sakes.

I left in July b/c there was no longer a need for me to be there...and I just didn't want to be involved anymore. I think I posted honestly the facts as I know them up until the beginning of July. What has happened after that point is as much a mystery to me as it is to you. I've not been included or privy to the goings on. As I was told....I don't work there anymore.

[This message has been edited by Sandshaker (edited 10-13-2001).]

Sandshaker,
We haven't talked before, but I have spoken with Gary, since we own property north of you. I must say that I commend your spirit and integrity hanging in as long as you have...We haven't been to AC in a year or so, but, hope to be soon. I'll find you and introduce myself. Oh, and we're just south of JSmith....

Grace DeVita
M
M
I guess we all got a big slap in the face by Adam! But I am sure you understand why we feel the way we do. Okay, I believe that you where left in the dark and you went through a lot. It does hurt and I think we all learned a big lesson. I am very glad you came forward and cleared the air. Thank You!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i am not involbed in this, but i did have the pleasure of meeting tammy.

tammy, i just wanted to say that i was glad i was there when i was so that i was able to meet you. we only spent a few minutes chatting then, but have now 'known' each other for over a year. i also respect you, for many reasons. i believe you.

i am sorry your wish was stomped on too.

jane

here is a Basil Jones web site that I found...click on "contact us"....well?

mosquito
http://www.basiljonesbelize.com/index.htm

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
M
M
Very intersting! Tamy any comment?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.