I had reservations and deposit paid to stay at Cozy Cottage in Placencia for 12/30/01-1/2/02. I feel bad even asking about this but I don't know if I should wait it out and hope there will be someplace to stay down there by then--I know they are going to need us tourists more than ever once they get going again. But how long do you think it will take? This is so much worse than SP was from Keith (in the tourist section anyway--I'm not making light of what they went thru!), and have no idea how long it takes to rebuild. However I am going to be in SP from 1/2-1/9 and already have my room. I'm just thinking that is such a busy time of year if I wait too long and then find out I can't stay in Placencia--will I be able to find someplace in SP (or is it too late already???)? I've sent my donation to Marty and can only pray and keep these people in my thoughts now, but don't want to make a hasty decision when the people in Placencia are going to need us more than ever. Thanks for any ideas!