Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#139626 10/15/01 03:22 PM
A
OP Offline
A
My husband & I and are children have been doing some research on Belize as we wish to take a trip there in the future and I have found your bulletin board to be a great source of information.

In our research we've been quite interested in the Maya communities and so have our children. I've read that most of the Maya communities only have 1 school and usually very limited supplies. Our children would like to see if they can approach their peers and teachers to raise/donate some children's books and supplies.

Can anyone put me in contact with someone who could help distribute whatever we can collect. I would like to communicate with this person to find out more information. We will be coming down in December and could bring the books then.

Thanks

#139627 10/15/01 04:36 PM
I am new to this message board too but I can tell you that school supplies are always very much appreciated. I visited Belize for the first time this past summer with my college and we ran a summer camp in Big Falls. We literally had to take all our school supplies there with us and leave them there as donations. It was great and I strongly encourage you and your family to get involved in collecting supplies too. I will be going down to take relief supplies in Dec/Jan and set up for our summer camp 2002. I can provide more information if you would like to write to me: [email protected]
Sarah

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 354 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.