Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
is hard to come by...

Gone fishing!!
J
J
****NOTICE****

I can tell you that I have had nothing but empty promises for over a year.....I have read numerous postings from good people who paid for this so-called resort in good faith.....

I might also point out that our money was taken via wire which may or may not lead to wire fraud, bank fraud, and other areas of the interstate commerce act.

I want answers....

I want an explanation on the basil jones resort's expected opening...

If we do not receive official information on this resort by months end I have instructed my attorney to engage the authorities in my State, the FBI, and Interpol to discuss an investigation and charges in this matter.

OP Offline
Hi John: Didn't expect a serious response to my mere folly. And let me apolgize if my "humor" bothered you. I don't think it did. I feel badly about this Basil Jones situation. I got to know everyone at the Basil Jones organization this year. I agree that bad mouthing on this message does nothing positive and I wish you well in your pursuit. Take care: Bill

Gone fishing!!
J
J
thank you....i think if the owners stick together we can clear this issue and get those responsible brought to justice or at least held to the fire....

John,

Not to make light of your situation, with which I symphathize, but to me it is truly amazing that so many people bought into this timeshare, in the vast majority of cases buying on e-bay without ever having seen the property and without in most cases even visiting Belize! I mean, this is a TIMESHARE, which most savvy people understand is about the easiest way to waste your money short of dot.com stocks ... and this is BELIZE, where there are few or no laws about such developments.

In my magazine, I've written editorials and articles against time shares and their negative impact on Belize. Who wants San Pedro to become another Cancun or PV with its mass of timeshare hucksters? But of course those who want to make a fast buck will keep on trying to develop these things, and there will always naive, hungry people who will be lured into trying to sell them, and there will be buyers who don't know the meaning of caveat emptor.

I took the time the last time I was in San Pedro, in August, to see this development. While the location is beautiful, it's a long way from nowhere, with no electricity or other services. The units are little thatch "tiki huts" built a few feet from the water -- you could see the water stains at the bottom of the doors. If they make through the next storm, I'd be real surprised.

My own personal view is that recently management has made a sincere effort to resolve the various problems, and when I was there in August they had actually paid some money to Graniel and had started to do resume doing some work, but that at best there is a long way to go.

You can talk all you want about the FBI, but first of all these the FBI has bigger fish to fry, and second, this is Belize, not the U.S. U.S. rules don't apply.

Good luck.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First http://www.belizefirst.com

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Lan....you need to look a little better the next time you go up there.

They are 80 feet from the water....I know...because I told them where to start the front row....and the beachfront has a fairly good slope up. I'm sure the water stains you saw on the bottom of the doors was because of rain and the fact that some of the doors have not been stained and sealed yet.....gravity causes that.

They are not Tiki Huts....you make them sound like some kind of bamboo leantoo you would see on Gilligans island.

They are one bedroom concrete units complete with kitchen....tiled inside....and a 17,000 gallon concrete water tank buried 5 feet deep under each one.

Trust me.....it aint going nowhere.

While you may be pretty savvy on timeshare....you don't paint an accurate picture of these units.

Sorry....my two cents

Observation only - the BJR web site calls the units Tiki Huts?

Yes....it does.....but you are supposed to look at the pictures....and There are architectural drawings as well as progress reports that explain the construction.

The problem I had with Lan's description is that he said he saw it first hand.....and was not describing it accurately....which surprises me....as he is usually dead on center.

I can vouch for the solid construction. I've been up to the property on several occasions during construction. I'm not an employee, just a person taking a look. These "tiki huts" are SOLID and beautifully finished inside. I've seen them in all different stages of construction, concrete cisterns, concrete walls, ceramic tile floors, mohagany cabinets.
--Silk

J
J
I am simply looking for accountability and information on this issue...I think the owners deserve this....

How many owners are there?

Are you out there?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 273 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.