Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
R
Hey Ann-Marie....How are things in London town? I was there for a short stay 10 years ago, I really liked the place. I had met someone from London, here in Cozumel, I think I could have been in love, but the time wasn't right for her. If things had worked out, I would have been there now, instead of on this island...Will Cozumel be one of your ports-of-call? If not, enjoy your trip! Rocio

[This message has been edited by Rocio (edited 11-08-2001).]

A
A
Hi Rocio

London's still a very nice city, not too big, not too small. Personally though, I would much rather be where you are, sunny, warm and beautiful beaches......we're about to get snow.
Our cruise ship stops in Cozumel, Belize & Roatan. We've arranged to rent a VW Bug and drive around exploring all the different beaches in Cozumel and do some snorkeling. It sounds like Dzul Ha (spelling?) is one of the 'good' places to go and I'm thinking that maybe dinner @ Pancho's Backyard. Definetly a stop at Coconuts as I hear it has a 'breathtaking view'. We'll be in Cozumel on Dec.13th, a nice break just before Christmas.
Looking forward to exploring the 3 ports!
Do you work on the island? Have you lived there all your life? Any other suggestions for our day?
Take Care

R
R
Good Morning Ann-Marie... Let me know your time of arrival and departure and I'll put together a list of places that you should check out. What are you looking for in the way of dinner,casual or a little up scale, Pancho's would be far from my first choice? La Mision, either the one down town(casual, beach wear ok in the afternoon) or the one at the owners house(casual, but no beach wear}, would be my choice. Neither are high dollar. I'm from the states, but have 12 years here. My wife is mexican, and my 7 yr old was born here. By the way, we had drinks last night with friends who live outside of Ottawa.

Rocio

[This message has been edited by Rocio (edited 11-10-2001).]

A
A
Hi Rocio

We will be in Cozumel on Thursday Dec.13th @ 12:00 pm Cozumel time and the ship departs @ 10:00 pm.

We've arranged for a car with Car Smart (they are to meet us at the dock) and we have to return the car to them between 7 & 8 pm. I thought we could return the car and then have a nice dinner (good food, not too pricey and not dressy, by that I mean we would be in shorts, shirts etc) and then head back to the ship.

Any advice you can provide would be appreciated.

Is there anything small sized that you've been missing from the States/Canada that I can bring for you? I hear sometimes you can't get everything you're used to or it's at a premium price. Let me know.
Ann-Marie

R
R
Good morning Ann-Marie...all is well here, no storms nearby. I'm still working on a place to eat, I still lean toward the "La Mission". For the beach, I like Mr. Sancho's Loco on the Beach, 15 minutes south of the pier, good food and cold beer, buy it by the bucket, pool and fresh water showers, normally clean restrooms. Coconuts is a good place for drinks and a view. Ann-Marie as far as something to bring, thank you for the offer, if space allows, would some good maple syrup be too much to ask, my son eats hot cakes, french toast or waffles 7 days a week. Will it just be you and your husband, or are you bringing kids? By the way what ship? One thing more, what do you know about what is going on with Canada 3000?

More later. Rocio

[This message has been edited by Rocio (edited 11-12-2001).]

A
A
Hi Rocio

Sorry it's taken me a few days to respond but I've been kind of busy with work.

Thanks for the advice on restaurant & beach, we'll have to stop in @ Mr.Sancho's and have a look. We plan on cruising around experiencing different beaches while we are there.

When you say "Maple Syrup" do you mean, REAL maple syrup or do you mean regular syrup to go on pancakes and such?

It's just my husband & myself coming, a vacation away from the kids and we'll be travelling on Regal.

Talk to you soon.
Ann-Marie

R
R
Sorry Ann-Marie: I had some bad news about a friend of mine in the states, plus we lost a very dear friend here in a traffic accident a drunk taxi driver hit her moto, I got a little lost.

Anyway, life must go on....!

I'm talking about real maple syrup, it doesn't have to be "top of the line", just a good quality. I know it comes in different grades(?).

Rocio

L
L
Rocio: sorry to hear about your friend. Out of curiosity, what kind of laws does Cozumel have about drunk drivers (i.e. what is likely to happen to that taxi driver?)

R
R
LaurieMar:

A belated "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" and may you always be free to follow your dreams. I'll by you a beer on your next visit here to Cozumel....

Thank you for your condolences...

Drunk driving is a crime, there will be a fine and some jail time, not any where as long as it should be, also some restitution to the family, it would be greater had she only been injured....The taxi union here is strong and operates somewhat outside the law.....

You can get my e-mail address in the topic Rocio, started by Ann-Marie, that topic will be deleted soon. By the way where is Fair Oaks?

[This message has been edited by Rocio (edited 11-28-2001).]

Canada 3000 has ceased flying and is one step from bankruptcy. They seemed to have made a big error in buying up Canwest and Royal.

I don't think they will come through this but you never know. It takes money if your crazy enough to back an airline.

Jim

**Jim
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 266 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.