Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#140059 11/16/01 04:09 PM
F
forick Offline OP
OP Offline
F
As to art advise, he sat down with me all through that summer (sort of one of those endless ones) and constantly critiqued everything from my choice of swim trunks to the way I held my paint brushes.
forick

#140060 11/16/01 04:11 PM
F
forick Offline OP
OP Offline
F
janeinPA,
Ever heard of "the installment plan"?

forick

#140061 11/16/01 04:13 PM
F
forick Offline OP
OP Offline
F
janeinPA,
Only in our youth phooy!
forick

#140062 11/16/01 05:30 PM
F
forick Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Dear fellow sand dabs,

I am going crazy today, must be cabin fever already! I've decided to write this to myself (mostly).

I went to Rome last year or was it the year before, well no matter, when I was there I met a guy at the Forum (the one where they fed the lions). He was from Germany and was there to study archa-techture. He had a lot of time on his hands and he asked if it was alright if he showed us around the place. While we were walking around this awsome structure I was ammased at his incrediably detailed knowledge. He even show'd us where they used to put the body parts when the lions had finished lunch.

Later that day we went to the Vadican where I got into a conversation with one of the resident cardinal's. I was sitting in front of one of the most dramatic paintings I've ever seen. Probably been there for 30-40 minutes while all the tourists marched by. So anyways this guy in robes sat down next to me and noticed that I was a little teary eyed. He asked if he could do anything and I said yes. I wanted to know why the Romans fed people to the lions. He said, simply, because "they were board and scared". Then he refered me back to the painting I was sitting in front of and told me to look at the faces of the roman gallery's and asked what did I see there.

I left the area with a very funny feeling. I tried to figure out what it was and came to the conclusion that I should have a glass of wine or two or three.

Kinda heavy huh.

There were much lighter moments of that trip, like our "first class" accomodations via train from Paris to Rome. The bunks were so short that when I went to bed (notice I didn't say sleep)I had a portion of my feet hanging out the window all night.

And the Taxi's were a real thrill as long as you had your eyers open.

The food was entertaining also when we got to the Island of Sardinia. Spegetti especially, they didn't serve it with meat sause the way americans think of it...unless you are use'd to baby oct-te-pie, urchen, and God knows what else.

I just loved the pool at the resort we stayed at. It was set against a boulder out-croping so the rocks extended into to pool. Not only that, but, nude bathing was the norm m m m m m m !!

Lucky I'm so trim and fit!

forick

[This message has been edited by forick (edited 11-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by forick (edited 11-16-2001).]

#140063 11/16/01 09:32 PM
Forick, thanks for the tour I just took of your paintings, they are great, and I relate to them with the same feeling as Ambergris gives me. "PURE"

BY THE WAY. Where are your paintings today that Dali put the bullet holes thru?
That has to add much value to them.

Dare To Deviate
#140064 11/16/01 10:30 PM
Forick....we are back in Dallas now (sad face) got back on the 8th....get any bites yet????? Coconut (R&C)

#140065 11/17/01 02:07 PM
F
forick Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Dear Chloe,
Thanks for the compliment, I really enjoy doing them. Actually they are two paintings in one. After I carve the images into the wood I give to board two coats of base white then I "splatter paint" with coordinate colors with the yet to be finished product. Often times the splatter painting looks so interesting that I almost hate to paint over it. After the splatter painting I fill in the color of the images. More often than not I shade each section to dimension effect, then I use oil sticks to accent lines and shading.

I'm working on a new style that incorporates the use of a "frame" setting in the board, then do a smaller painting within the "frame". I have high hopes for this style as the sketches look really good (well at least to me).

#140066 11/17/01 02:17 PM
F
forick Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Dear R & C,
No nibbles yet! Too much chum in the water (other conversation). Actually most people don't understand the premise for this new way of selling. I eluded to it in one of my earlier posts above. It's really simple, If I have an art gallery show or buy my work I have to give them a 40-50% discount. So I thought that what if I took that discount that I have been giving to the gallery and put it into a "savings account" for the art buyer, the person that actually ends up hanging on their wall. The customer effectively winds up with with half their money back and earns a tax free interest income offshore.

forick

#140067 11/17/01 02:37 PM
"""""Forick, is your name ADAM?

Just kidding.

Dare To Deviate
#140068 11/17/01 03:37 PM
F
forick Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Chloe,
My brain is moving today, so I a bit slow on the uptake...ADAM?

I am moving my business computer to my house in a few minutes so I will be off to air till monday. But "I'll be back" As Arnold S. would say.
forick

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.