Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: I Got'a new scheme #140069
11/18/01 12:59 PM
11/18/01 12:59 PM
San Jose, CA USA
Gela Offline
Gela  Offline
Forick,
Reading your Dali story reminded me about something. Right next to my computer in my living room is a few cherished books: Several from artist Aubrey Beardsley, an old copy of Lorna Doone AND the one and only novel that Dali wrote called "Hidden Faces". I was given this book for Christmas 1977 and I surely read it then but have forgotten all except for the fact that it's set during WWII. I shall begin re-reading it today!
Thanks!

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Re: I Got'a new scheme #140070
11/18/01 01:50 PM
11/18/01 01:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
Forick,
My husband and I are huge art fans and collectors, and are very lucky to own 2 Dali's -- not some of the faked ones. Dali was truly an amazing artist, and years ahead of his time. We enjoy his addball look at life. If you know his work from The Divine Comedy, we have "Men who Devour Themselves-Inferno 30", and "Blasphemers-Inferno 14".
I look forward to seeing your work!
I do have a question for you and the other artists... I am afraid to take some of my artwork to AC, due to the very high humidity. Is this something to be concerned about? I would be happy to tell you about our collection if you email me privately if that would help in your assessment.
[email protected]
Thanks!
Vicki

Re: I Got'a new scheme #140071
11/18/01 08:41 PM
11/18/01 08:41 PM
bedford tx usa
rickcheri Offline
rickcheri  Offline
Forick...so this is the "scheme" your talking about? How you're selling the artwork?? Just curious....C

Re: I Got'a new scheme #140072
11/19/01 01:34 PM
11/19/01 01:34 PM
San Francisco
F
forick Offline OP

forick  Offline OP
F
Ibanole,

I used to own 2 of his paintings, now only one due to one being stolen about 5 years ago. It was a multi-media with pix of a large head with brain showing and ants crawling around. The one I have left is part of a suite I got from Dali in Spain. It's called "Treste of Treole" (sp?).

Someone in a previous post above asked me if I kept the sketches that Dali filled full of holes. Actually no I was not able to keep them as Dali used them to start a fire to roast marshmellows and hot dogs over an open fire that same night.

Actually, the humidity is a problem but not any-more-so than the salty air. I've always had trouble with humidity with the paintings I have collected that are on paper. The edges curl and even in some cases become water stained (especially if submirged during a Hurricane). I suggest you ask a good framer in GA. There are a number of them in your area.

I use a web site to preview my work to galleries, this allows them to determine whether my work will fit with their gallery beforeI send them slides. If you wish go to: www.geocities.com/monarchgallery for a peek.

My two favorites are "A Lucky Bobber' and "Venician Jogger" Although I also like the suite of four sisters and "Earth Wind & Fire"

Most all my recent work is etched on wood board that is coated on both sided to prevent humidity warp problems.

What do you coach. My 16yr old is in football, soccer, skiing and rugby. He's not playing much this year cause some kid, during a game, stomped his lower back with his cleated football shoe fracturing a vertebrae. I was more than upset! He has been wearing a torso brace for 3 months.
forick

[This message has been edited by forick (edited 11-19-2001).]

Re: I Got'a new scheme #140073
11/19/01 01:41 PM
11/19/01 01:41 PM
San Francisco
F
forick Offline OP

forick  Offline OP
F
Gela,

Dali signed my copy of "Hidden Faces".

Re: I Got'a new scheme #140074
11/19/01 01:51 PM
San Francisco
F
forick Offline OP

forick  Offline OP
F
Rick & Cheri,

I've given up on sitting on the dock, my feet got too wrinkled. This week I'm going to troll in my dinge (sp?)What I'll do is tei the fishing line to my toe while I row towards SharkRay Alley. Good idea?

I met an email buddy last week that actually thought my idea of giving a 40% discount to buyers along with an secure offshore account for one year was a great idea. He was a lawyer (and art collector) so he naturally understood the logic/rationale behind my "scheme".

forick

Re: I Got'a new scheme #140075
San Jose, CA USA
Gela Offline
Gela  Offline
Forick, I'm so jealous - my book has an inscription from my best friend rambling on about it being the next best thing to seeing his art exhibit in Chicago (I think). :-)

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Re: I Got'a new scheme #140076
11/19/01 02:16 PM
11/19/01 02:16 PM
San Francisco
F
forick Offline OP

forick  Offline OP
F
Gela,

Actually what happened was that I had to buy it from him...he thought it was funny. I agreed only because he said it would be worth more than my paintings. I told him that "I was planning to give all mine away so what did that make your signed book worth?" He said, "I got your money don't I?"

[This message has been edited by forick (edited 11-19-2001).]

Re: I Got'a new scheme #140077
11/19/01 06:59 PM
11/19/01 06:59 PM
San Francisco
F
forick Offline OP

forick  Offline OP
F
Gela,

Hows the weather down there today, I'm in Sac town lookin at dark clouds and feelin a cold chill blowin down my neck..... oops that's my _ _ _ _.

Re: I Got'a new scheme #140078
11/19/01 07:36 PM
11/19/01 07:36 PM
San Jose, CA USA
Gela Offline
Gela  Offline
Forick,
It's gloomy here today - expected rain but now they say it will come tonight. I just back from Cabo on Saturday and it sure is a rude awakening weather wise. But, in less than 3 weeks I'll be back in AC!
My Dali book cost $7.95, published in 1975. What's a good hard copy book go for these days - 19.95 or more? Geez, how'd I get so old? ;-)

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
February
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 242 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics73,638
Posts486,452
Members19,807
Most Online4,377
Dec 15th, 2020

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.