Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#140167 - 11/19/01 02:19 PM Re: AC, WHY IS IT FOR YOU, NOW?  
Mosquitorose Offline
Mosquitorose  Offline
Oh for heavens sake! can't a guy ask a question anymore without getting put to grindstone? geez lighten up people. I think this BJR thing has put some of us in a foul mood...yes that's what it is....that's the ticket. Rocio, I know exactly where you're coming form. Paradise is in the individual soul and what they perceive as paradise. I have spent many a good time on SP, and many of the other islands. And all over Belize, and at that time it was close to paradise. Layed back, wonderful music, sweet indigenous people, and let's not forget food, straigt from the soul. There is no food like belize food lol. I myself don't find paradise in belize now at this time. My paradise is where I live now. But then I have had many places to compare and made a choice of what works for me. I must say though that I have brought the way of the belize life with me. I know what you really want to know, but my answer would be too controversial. But if you read between the lines of what people say on this board about belize, you'll understand...where they are coming from. Different strokes for different folk..right?

Mosquitorose

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
#140168 - 11/19/01 02:42 PM Re: AC, WHY IS IT FOR YOU, NOW?  
seashell Offline
seashell  Offline
I'll tell you why I said what I said.

One of the very first posts Rocio ever made was to advertise a place he has for rent in Coz. Not only did that seem odd but he posted it into a thread that had absolutely nothing to do renting properties, either in Belize or Coz. So I'm a bit skeptical, that is all. If I were to come on here and the first or second post I ever made was to advertise the rental availability of my vacation property in the US Virgin Islands, would that make you look at me askance, or would you just think I was happy to be able to share my paradise?

Certainly, since that advert posting, Rocio's made an admirable recovery, so we shall see what we shall see.

[This message has been edited by seashell (edited 11-19-2001).]

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#140169 - 11/19/01 03:50 PM Re: AC, WHY IS IT FOR YOU, NOW?  
Mike and Daphne Ryan Offline

Mike and Daphne Ryan  Offline
Rocio --

I don't care about your motives. And I'll give you an answer. It may lie partly in contrasts. Here is a sonnet I wrote after our first trip to Belize.

Bostonians
(on vacation)

"It's lovely here, but I would miss the change of season."
Spring's continual cold downpours, some vapid days
Of high humidity, the glorious brief treason
Of the colouring trees, camouflage for the coming glaze
Of ice-covered sidewalks blocked by blackening snow
Piles plowed across our path. "They invited me to their party.
Such charming people! But of course I didn't go."
We don't talk to strangers in a catastrophe. We keep to our arty
Rounds in reticence, sensible of our city, once ever
Ready to hang its heretics to forestall our collapse
into Humanity. "A place here costs nothing, but I could never
Really live here." Could it be, perhaps,

We still recall the Angel's sword of flame,
And, fearful, flee this Garden whence we came?

copyright James Michael Ryan 2000

#140170 - 11/19/01 04:33 PM Re: AC, WHY IS IT FOR YOU, NOW?  
forick Offline

forick  Offline
I wanted a place like the Cayman Islands used to be 20 years ago, and I'll buy every condo unit they build to keep it that way (Empty) (If I can afford it) (and my wife doesn't find out).

Now.... does anyone want to buy some art? Sounds like a good cause doesn't it????!!!

forick

#140171 - 11/19/01 04:56 PM Re: AC, WHY IS IT FOR YOU, NOW?  
lmarquis Offline

lmarquis  Offline
You're welcome Rocio. We will definitely be back to Cozumel one day. We love the Sol Cabanas Del Caribe.

Every country is different and there is so much to see in this world. AC is just another beautiful place to go, but I wouldn't want to live there, nor return there for every one of my vacations.

#140172 - 11/19/01 07:39 PM Re: AC, WHY IS IT FOR YOU, NOW?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Off subject, but a question for you. We are thinking about cruising over to Coz and then heading to AC from there. What's the best way, (if you know approx times and prices that would be great). Will be arriving mid-Jan.
Thanks.

#140173 - 11/20/01 02:06 AM Re: AC, WHY IS IT FOR YOU, NOW?  
budnmary Offline

budnmary  Offline
Rocio,
When I read your post, I felt compelled to say this. As I read the posts of dedicated, and sentimental San Pedroans, it seems that they are wishers and wannabes that like to tap the keys of their computers because they either don't have the wherewithall or guts to get their groceries together and go carve out their dreams. Mostly avid vacationers that have found a little niche so small and remote, but with beer and music that will sooth their soul until the plane leaves. YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN IT 30 YEARS AGO WHEN I DID!
Bud

#140174 - 11/20/01 11:07 AM Re: AC, WHY IS IT FOR YOU, NOW?  
Mike and Daphne Ryan Offline

Mike and Daphne Ryan  Offline
Budnmary --

Gee, I see postings from lots of people who are building or have built on AC. We're among them. I've gotten private email contact with them and have had lots of help from them. I see stuff from Belizeans in good rough and tumble discussions - susangg comes to mind. I see great usefull info from Lan. (Maybe this hard content is what has apparently driven Binfoot Scary from the board.)

But I really love the stuff from the vacationers able to have some West Indian happiness just a piece at a time.

And for those who long for less than there is now in SP, Hey, there Caye Caulker, and other Cayes less developed than that. A Sailboat can make a big difference in this sort of life. Chosing is not so permanent.

It's a big world, man.

Mike Ryan

#140175 - 11/20/01 07:48 PM Re: AC, WHY IS IT FOR YOU, NOW?  
budnmary Offline

budnmary  Offline
Good post Mike!
I have seen a good part of the world and I lived on my sailboat for a year, built a house on the beach in Xcalac and lived there for 3 years. (Solar powered). Still have a lot on North AC. I am over my ambitious days and setteling in Louiaiana for good. Think I'll try a houseboat now that I finished this foam panel (environmental) house.
Nice to know you got grit!
Bud (over 65)

#140176 - 11/20/01 09:17 PM Re: AC, WHY IS IT FOR YOU, NOW?  
Rocio Offline

Rocio  Offline
To whom it may concern: the posting to which, "what's her face" has referred, was being directed to Scott, the "Canadian Dreamer" and no one else, who in the Topic that he opened, was looking for info and/or investment property or business. I posted that this property was available, I did not tend to imply in any way that this property was being offered for rent on this board.

Bud, you may know the property, it's 10 kms. north of Xcalak, when were you there last, where is the house that you built located?

Rocio

[This message has been edited by Rocio (edited 11-20-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Rocio (edited 11-20-2001).]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
Paradise Guy Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
November
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Mini Chat
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RLF, 1 invisible), 240 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics65,635
Posts466,471
Members18,955
Most Online1,262
Jun 10th, 2007

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.