Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#140316 11/26/01 07:07 PM
F
forick Offline OP
OP Offline
F
They took my post off about fishin, there were a lota interesting stories and stuff there, I'm so depressed that I can hardly stand it UUggghhh.

Capt'n probably thought I was advertising when all I was doin was fishing....

forick

#140317 11/26/01 07:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I don't understand the rule about advertising. Many ask questions about restaurants, hotels, air, shipping, diving, realtors, etc, and we all respond with our recommendations. I think that is a very helpful part of this board... but it is very much advertising.
also, I know that I have told several on the board about my home that I occasionally rent, is that against the rules? Mostly I just ask them to email me privately, but still... exactly what is the ruling on this...
When you think about it, if we don't discuss these kinds of things, (and we don't talk about Basil Jones), what else is there? I know in the past we have been asked to not have personal conversations, but seriously...
can you imagine a trip report following the rules...
"I went to Belize last week, weather was good, got home yesterday..."
One of the great services of this board has been to raise both money and awareness during times of trouble... is it also against the rules to sell the fundraisers???

#140318 11/26/01 10:20 PM
You know guys, things can get a little hairy when we try to read different meanings into things. When I read the rules....to me..I just use common sense..(but then I'm a woman haha just joking now). for instance..."no advertising". I take that to mean...me trying to sell you something on this board. Now if I give you information on a restuarant or hotel or whatever to help you out...that does not profit me. So I would say if it doesn't profit me...then it's ok. No flaming or insulting or personal stuff...I take that to mean....that I cannot call you by your name and call you a jackass or direct something insulting to you etc. lol. I don't think the latter has anything to do with being personal and friendly to the ones you've known here for a long time. About personal conversations....I would think when you start having those, it defeats the purpose of the board. We are all here to share as one I would assume. I would feel kinda left out if no one addressed me, wouldn't you? especially if you are new...people like to fit in...what makes this board great is that there are so many view points to share.

MR

[This message has been edited by Mosquitorose (edited 11-26-2001).]

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
#140319 11/27/01 03:03 AM
Right on MR. It amazes me how some people do their best to take a simple premise and make it complicated.

The rules are very much needed, and I for one am glad to see them published.

Common sense goes a long way. But you know what they say about common sense. It is very RARE!

KISS or Keep It Simple S......

Have fun folks,
Jim

**Jim
#140320 11/27/01 06:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
ok, my piece.

i asked marty to create this portion of the board so i COULD chat on a PERSONAL level with my 'friends'. about things that were not necessarily about AC. so he did (thanks, marty. you're a peach).

remember last thanksgiving?? when we were all exchanging recipes and stories?? that was great!

little did we know back then that this is what it would turn into...a board that requires WRITTEN RULES?? c'mon folks. enuff's enuff. you took all the fun out of it. go somewhere else if you're gonna bring me down everyday. this board was to be for enjoyment.

#140321 11/27/01 10:08 AM
I guess rules needed to be reamed into the heads somewhere. With only one moderator, let him delete those that don't abide and they will then go elsewhere to B*tch. That will clean this up. There are all those message boards that have crap on them, let them sling crap there.
We can just sit here and have fun then.

Forick, I was sorry to see your posts go too, but to be honest with you, I was totally confused. I couldn't keep up with what you were saying. So, with all respect to you and this board, perhaps it was mistaken as something else.
Don't be depressed. Start over with something else. Maybe it was the heading of "scheme" who knows. [Linked Image]

The BJ thing was lots of wasted space, but had my attention. Just like a soap opera. [Linked Image]
Fortunately, I didnt know anyone that was in it, thus making it somewhat more of a story, not reality.

#140322 11/27/01 11:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hey Miss Jane,
Did you have a good T-giving? How come you didn't write about recipes this year??? My poor guests all had to go elsewhere to eat!!
The reason I questioned the "rules" was a bit in fun, but it seems like so many people have been complaining lately.
And then when I saw the No Advertising thing, I wanted to know exactly what that meant. I think that's all we do on this board, we all "sell" Belize, Belikans and Barefoot Skinny!
I haven't heard from Debbie in a couple of weeks, where is she hiding?
Vicki

#140323 11/27/01 04:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
first question: debbie has moved and rarely get access to her husband's laptop. she used to be able to post from work, but she is not working. i think she misses you all too.

i did not post any recipes this year because i did not make a thing. frank cooked it all. his stuffing was outstanding, and this year he made a very nice escarole soup in addition to the turkey & ham. i cleaned & set the table.

#140324 11/27/01 06:19 PM
Forick, your "got a new Scheme" post is still here - I found it. I clicked on the "who" beside this post and while in your profile (honest I wasn't snoopin) I clicked on the option to see all messages you have posted and it came up with a list. Was that the one you are missing or another one?

[This message has been edited by Gela (edited 11-27-2001).]

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
#140325 11/27/01 10:14 PM
Good going Gela, PI
That is what the "who" is for. It just got lost in the shuffle, I bet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.