Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
we will be there in a couple of weeks, I really dont know what to expect (I've been reading some of the older posts about this place)does anyone know if they have their problems straightened out (fresh water in showers,clean rooms,good food,trash on beach)we've been looking forward to this vacation for sometime and wanted to stay at a nice place "WHATS THE WORD ?HAS ANYONE BEEN THERE LATELY"

Well, I haven't been there in awhile... but from what people have told me, things haven't changed all that much. Fresh water showers? I doubt that will ever change. When I worked there I would be on this board constantly asnwering people's questions not only about journey's end but all of belize.

Now, they rarely, rarely come on this board. Oh they say they are on here but people's questions go unanswered all the time.

Good luck and hope you have a good time.

J
J
All water for both cabanas and pool are produced in a reverse osmosis facility at the property. It is perfectly safe.

Sorry Denny for not being on the board 24/7.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
lighten, up, jonathan. i don't think denny meant it personally. we 3 know the history here. and let's face it, your staff is your golden goose. you'd better take care of them.

yeah, i know both these guys (sorta) and i stayed at JE 1.5 years ago. the manager i knew is no longer there.

trash? i never saw any. the place is beautiful and the grounds are well kept.

the water: due to its location, they have difficulty with the pipes. i know this because i spent 2 days chatting with simon the plumber there when my shower knob fell off. he is really nice. funny too. he said the pipes often rot out, and they just replace them. it can't be helped.

the water in the cabanas is rather saline, but you can shower & brush teeth with it. you get used to it. they serve bottled water at the restaurant/bar.

yes, i was the one sleeping in one room but showering in another.

the food was good, no real complaints about it. the menu was limited was all. we had a choice of 4 dinner items daily, usually a meat, fish, veggie, & special.

the coffee is maxwell house, which is too bad, as i really enjoy a good cup of coffee in the morning. some south/central american coffees are amazingly good, but here it was ordinary.

this is probably not much help as to how it is today, but it is all i can offer. i do suggest you make friends with the staff and they will make sure your stay is great.

R
R
Denny -
Why such hard feelings towards Journey's End? I've been visiting this board since before I went to AC in November and have notice a lot of hostility coming from you? Just wondering! I did stay at JER in November and give them a thumbs up! The water in my cabana was fine. Nice and hot! Diverdude, I think you will hae a nice time. If you have a questions, call their "800" number and ask. I think it's 1-800-460-5665.

P. S. Diverdude - Keep in mind that those old posts you are reading about are from when the hurricane hit AC. It's been over a year now, and I thought things looked great!!! Enjoy!

[This message has been edited by royals (edited 01-03-2002).]

KC Offline
I just have a comment about the trash that was mentioned. There is trash on the un-maintained beaches on North AC, but JE keeps their trash picked up, and their grounds are very clean and lovely. They are good neighbors to us.

And believe me, I can relate to the maintenance problems in a tropical climate. They are unavoidable, and you just have to fix them as they arise. i.e. the FIMO principle: "Fix It, Move On" -- Well, that may be a variation of the original FIMO principle. haha

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Actually Jonathan... my problem isn't with you at all. People that know me, and know the entire situation at JER, know exactly where the problems lay.

JER is always having probs with the water, showers, etc. I read the same exact answers all the time. The people want to know when things will get fixed there? It's always the same stories.... and I am guilty also because I INVENTED the stories... not that I am proud of any of it. But I can't wait until you are no longer with JER, when you've served your purpose and they don't need you anymore... we'll talk then... lol

There's a joke between all of the ex JER employees; Managers, ex Asst Mgrs, etc etc... "we've got a spot open for ya" in our special club. lol

And diverdude, please come back and let us know all about your trip! You'll have a good time. Go in town a lot.

And Jane, you are correct... the staff at the property is excellent... from the bar keeps to the ground keeps to the clerks behind the desk. Personally when I worked there I ALWAYS told people that their employees were the ONLY positive thing that kept some people coming back.

[This message has been edited by Denny Shane (edited 01-03-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Denny Shane (edited 01-03-2002).]

D
OP Offline
D
thanks for the replies I didnt mean to open any old sores or anything.I do feel somewhat better about my choice now.I will be sure to let everyone know how things turn out when i get back, thanks a bunch

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
dd - nearly forgot!! i've got some JE photos, if ya didn't see them from old posts. they are pre-keith, but...
//ambergriscaye.com/jane

HI royals....
Hostility? from me? lol... I could think of a lot worse words to express my feelings... lol

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.